Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I know something you don't know...

Well, as I've been sitting here writing my blog, checking other blogs, reading the news and various other computer-related tasks, I have been enjoying the happy laughs of Samantha in the background. She was laying on her bear play-gym, cheerfully batting the dangling bears back and forth - which caused great squeals of delight. This went on for about 30 minutes, until I finally looked up from my work and went to go give her a hug (for providing me with such happy accompaniment!) As I reached down, I realized something.

Yes, her squeals were happy squeals, but it appears there was a hint of "I-know-something-you-don't-know" squeal in there too. Her diaper was oozing yellow baby-poop. It's true. Poop, poop everywhere. No wonder she was so happy.

And this comes at a very opportune time. Our high-falutin' washer/dryer combo is broken. The people came out to look at it this morning (after three days of no wash abilities already) and declared that we needed a new one. Apparently, there was a water leak right on the computer chip that runs the whole thing. I was a little alarmed when I heard that and realized we could have easily had an electrical fire in here! But, more importantly now, that means Samantha's bear playgym and the clothes she was wearing while committing her stealthy act will have to wait three more days to be washed. Yuck.

No comments: