Friday, August 03, 2007

because enquiring minds want to know

happy, happy news...I have finally decided to devote my dwindling brain energies into putting these pics on my blog for you all to see. First of all, i have decided that I like the camera, a way whole lot. Even though it's bigger than the non-existent purse that I don't carry, I still like it. We've managed to get more fun pictures of samantha in a week than in a very very long time. So, pics to follow.

but first, I just had to relay this little story that happened last night. Because, you know, emma is quite the little investigative reporter. Just give her a few years and she'll be breaking stories all over the place:

emma: (following me into the kitchen) who were you talking to just now?
me: (putting down the phone) I was talking to amy. I had to ask her a question.
Emma: What did you ask her?
Me: I had to ask her for a phone number so I could call someone.
Emma: Where is the phone number?
Me: I wrote it on a peice of paper.
Emma: Where's that peice of paper?
Me: It's over there on the desk.
Emma: Oh.

Emma: You didn't call brad?
Me: No, I called Amy.
Emma: You didn't call Karl or Chris?
Me: No, I called Amy.
Emma: Oh, ok.

There you have it, our little investigator. :)

Ok, on with slide show. Someone, dim the lights please...

yay for jumbo sidewalk chalk! yay for hopscotch! yay for never getting hot enough to go inside (no matter how much your parents are sweating!)


yay for bathtime, too!


And I do love this picture, wonder why?! :) I've entitled it "The little bums..."



Fun times opening "presents" (thanks again, marilyn!)

The way to my heart - what a stash! (emma has now officially joined the ranks of being an American child by having her fill of ding dongs and cupcakes!)The way to her heart:The way to his heart:












5 comments:

Rachel said...

And Yay for cute pictures! I love the one of Emma in midair. She's got some "ups!" Also, my enquiring mind is finally satisfied . . . knowing your love for DingDongs, I have been in search for them all of this time that we've been in the States. I've looked at Walmart, I've looked at grocery stores, I've looked at Target. Everywhere I went, I could never find them and so I concluded that that particular store must be out (not a very logical conclusion). However, I was always looking in the candy aisle, since I thought it was some sort of candy bar. Now I know the truth! I'll have to pick up a package and try them for myself!

Enjoy all your goodies, your sweet girls, and the fun camera!

Love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Rach...
What great stories and pics! Thank you, Marilyn, Aunt Catherine, and Ian. You truly scored with the gifts. I loved the girls playing on the sidewalk, too! In other thoughts...to the other dear Rachel...how could you have grown up in America and not eaten Ding Dongs?? hmm?? During my pregnancies, I would hide them in my closet...well...just to keep them safe and fresh. : ) Anyway, I am so happy you are writing. It's so fun to check the blog only about 2 times during the day and see you've written. We love you. MOM

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled with the sweet pictures....shared them with everyone here! It really made my Friday evening GREAT!
I too looked for the Ding Dongs at Target and Walmart and couldn't find them.....ended up at the grocery store to get them.
Thanks for the wonderful pictures.
Love you much
Marilyn & Co.

Anonymous said...

rachel whittern! i only call you that when i am angry. if you spell PIECE the wrong way again-- as in PEICE i will fly my happy butt over to china and open a can of LEARN HOW TO SPELL PIECE! haha just kidding. i thought since my major is journalism i should be up on my proofreading :) love you and the pics!

Anonymous said...

Rachel - I see in the box of goodies that you like Lindt Chocolate?! OH boy! The Lindt factory is like 10 minutes from where my parents are living in Italy and when they came to visit last year guess what they brought? It is now sitting on my hips, but yummmm! My favorite! I will have to send you some more - when you run out! :)

Steve has now breathed a sigh of relief that you guys are happy with your big camera purchase. (Great pictures by the way)
He said that anytime you want any tips on spending lots of money at one time for a 'toy' give him a call! :)

Love,
E