What sort of shake-up in world events could cause Dora to fall from her pedestal in Emma's life? It was a shocker to me, that emma would ever be willing to consider choosing another movie over Dora. Simply unheard of. That is, until she watched Cars. Emma has only seen 30-minute segments of Cars twice in her entire life, and yet it is by far the most requested video in her life. She remembers details from the movie with remarkable clarity: that mater can drive backwards, that Sally likes Lightning McQueen and that Lightning McQueen helped the blue car when he flipped over his wheels. She has multiple converstations on her cell phone with mater every day, just to catch up I suppose. She often tells us that Mater or Sally wants to talk to us, so we happily oblige.
Today when both the girls were taking naps, Josh and I ran out to take care of some errands together. While we were shopping in Wal-mart (childless, mind you!) we remembered that emma was out of toothpaste. Right there staring at us in the toothpaste aisle was an Oral-B Childrens' toothpaste with Mater and Lightning McQueen on the tube. The matching toothbrush was right next to it. We giddily threw them into our basket, knowing how excited emma would be when she saw them. Tonight, at the appointed toothbrushing hour, I nonchalantly brought out her toothbrush and as josh was brushing her teeth, she was mindlessly looking around as usual...when, her eyes drifted to the handle of the toothbrush. Her eyes opened really big and she exclaimed, with a full mouth of foamy toothpaste, "Look at my toothbrush!" She was way excited.
We went to pizza hut tonight - an unplanned trip, but a fun one - with our friend and her son. Emma and Samantha enjoyed taking turns running through the restaurant, delighting everyone with friendly hellos and smiles. We enjoyed the two-mile walk home like we usually do after Pizza Hut...just because we eat so stinking much when we go there. The soccer stadium next to the pizza hut is usually filled with old men flying kites and middle-aged women carting their pampered pups around; those two are usually a winning and fail-proof combination for the girls.
I havent' really had a lot to blog about lately, just life as normal here. I'm trying to think of unique topics to keep you all returning to my blog, but perhaps it will just have to wait till next time. We've gotten lots of cute pictures of the girls to keep posting, if I can ever motivate myself to do it.
3 comments:
I am constantly checking your blog for updates on "general, everyday, life" :)
So...please don't think that your blogging needs to be something "special" to be of interest to your "public"
I too love the movie Cars.....
We have recently seen UnderDog and Rattatoui (which I know I spelled wrong) Both were great.
The second one was a big hit with Laura and Lounis(her "friend") in Paris.
Love you much
Marilyn
dora is old news huh??? thats nuts...!
I was thinking I should start a blog... but really what fun is it to hear about life at the ole pi beta??? maybe I will start a blog about how to survive life in a sorority... I have a few pointers!! miss you guys
and love you
Well..they might even have Cars fruit chewies in little packages like the Dora ones. We'll just have to look when we make our trip. And..we must rent Cars this weekend. I have to be in the know about Mater and those other car. I'll get right on it. We're never bored to read anything you send. : ) Nana did good today with her heart thing. Yea!!! She will be perking around (out zooming me, I'm afraid) in no time. Love..MOM
Post a Comment