One of our activities two weeks ago was something I read about in a toddler book - painting with carrots. How crazy is that? You just lop off the end of a carrot, and it immediately becomes a stamper. Stamp, stamp, stamp. If you got really creative and wanted to put the time into it, you could even carve your carrot into shapes and have more than just a circle to stamp with.
So a couple of weeks ago, we were talking about george washington and his cherry tree. We colored pictures of cherry trees and then use carrots to stamp little "cherries" on them. The girls really enjoyed the activity, and I had to tell them both (more than once), "Don't eat that carrot!!" Who would have thought?!



2 comments:
I'm so impressed with your creativeness. I never had you stamp with carrots. :(
You put me to shame in the mothering department, little one. Again..the intensity of the looks on Emma and Mantha's faces...who can resist these adorable girls? I wish I had taken pictures of you at the dinner table when you did not like your vegetables. : )
P.S. I loved that past post with the picture of the girls in their pretty coats. :)
hmm..maybe a new coat for Rach..might be on it's way!!
I love veggies as art supplies. So economical & available.
Post a Comment