Tuesday, March 25, 2008

strawberries, and now mangoes!

Yesterday my family ate our first mangoes this season, and it was nice - that smooth, tartness that makes mangoes so good! Emma, the off-again-on-again fruit eater liked them; of course samantha did, that's sort of a given.

As we were eating dinner last night, samantha kept uttering an untelligible phrase. I had her repeat it over and over and over again, until I finally realized that she was confusing two words. She kept asking me, "Mommy, can I have flamangoes please?"

Flamingo + mango = flamangoes.

thanks, samantha. you make my heart happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SUCH a grandmother! Mantha and the flamangoes story...how adorable! Does this remind you any of KT and her words like...Fruit Cottontail?? I love that little Mantha. Today on the phone she sounded like Emma..but, when I listened to your baby tape, she sounds like you. : ) If I were there, I'd just squeeze them all the time. They'd probably say, "Quit squeezing me so hard, mimi."
How about a picture of Mantha eating her mangoes? Or..the whole family making mango jelly? I love you, sweet Rachel. Love you..MOM

Brandon and April said...

mmmmmmm a nice big juicy flamango sounds sooooo good right now! i may forever call them that now, it's just way cooler than plain ole mango.