I walked over to her room, and stood for a few seconds....confused, waiting, sure I was missing something. The gleeful smile on Emma's face told me she must be excited about something beyond the typical I-pulled-every-toy-out-of-my-toybox routine. I just couldn't figure out what it was. She stared at me, all big eyes and full-faced grin, waiting with bated breath to see my reaction.
With as much enthusiasm and encouragement as I could muster, I asked the question I hoped not to ask. "What is it, Emma?"
Can you see what she was so excited about?
I mean, really. Look again. Do you see it?
Once emma explained it, I saw it right away. Emma had chosen books for all of her little stuffed animals and dolls to "read", and then laid or sat each one in front of their chosen book. I was wondering why she had been so quiet the last half hour or so, and I finally had my answer - she was busy organizing a reading room! Chista, I'm trying to raise a budding librarian to follow in your footsteps!
In other cuteness photos, here is samantha modeling her new Strawberry Shortcake jumpsuit from my parents. Does she not exude all sorts of shortcakeness? I think so too.
And this was after bathtime the other day, the most impractical time of all to try to bring out the camera - all sorts of wetness and unclothed bottoms and hair that needs to be brushed - but I just couldn't resist my two little bundles and wanted to remember it forever.
Tonight, we busted out the Window Markers I bought back in Thailand and had a grand evening using those. Pics to come soon...
2 comments:
What beautiful baby girls you have. They are still little to me. :) I love them in those towels..all wrapped up so snuggly.
I'm glad you posted today. It is rainy here and nana and I just had lunch. We were discussing how you made it bearable for us by blogging. Thank you so much, Rachel. I love you and all your creative thoughts.
Those girls are treasures..as you are. And..Mantha is adorable in her Strawberry Shortcake outfit. How does Emma look in hers? Mom
Awwwww.... I made a liberrian. :) She is so cute. And, I did notice all the books, but... alas, I did NOT notice that all the babies were reading the books. What kind of liberrian am I? OH, and you have to say "lie-berry-un", because that's way better than just a plain ole' librarian.
I have some goodies for your kiddos. I'm going to email Nana/your mom and see if they have any packages going out soon. if not, I will send them by themselves. I am gathering more by the day, though... so do not fret. Her babies will all have something new to read soon! Love that story!!!
Post a Comment