Monday, April 14, 2008

the other side of samantha

I truly think Samantha is an introvert. I'm not into labeling her for the sake of labeling her - so she can walk into a room and declare to everyone that she is an ENFP or something - but more to help me understand why she reacts the way she does in some situations. Like why, when we hang out with people she sees every single week for hours at a time, she goes into hysterics if she's not clinging to one of my legs; why she's more interested to sit on the couch with me when we have visitors than to join the chaos in Emma's bedroom. The flip side of all of this is that when all is quiet at our house, samantha is at her best. Under no pressure to be a hospitable host or gregarious playmate, she smiles sweetly, plays by herself or with me quite happily, and could win over anyone! Here are some recent pictures from days at home with mantha...


This is classic mantha, legs crossed at the ankles...

First, she made a train out of blocks, then searched out the bedroom for passengers. All aboard!

And after the train left the station, she didn't mind posing for a few chic shots. (this one is included because I thought the light was fun.)Even she can't believe how much she's grown...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Mantha's personality. She is such a busy bee. :) I love seeing her in that little green outfit that we bought for Emma. She has grown so much...just since October.
And, by the way, whenever I'm feeling blue, I don't whistle. I sing the Zacchaeus song that Mantha sang to us. :) Mom

Ms. Belinda said...

I can't believe how big Mantha has gotten since I met her. I know she won't ever remember me but she is forever in my heart, as are you, Josh and Emma.

Ms. Belinda (Mantha's teacher)