Wednesday, May 27, 2009

pretty as a picture

I think abby is the best baby ever. I know everyone says that; I've said it before, but I really mean it this time.

She smiles easily, those sweet little baby smiles that make her whole body rock from the effort.

She lays in her bed staring at her fingers while I think she is sleeping. I'll finally go in there to check on her, deciding it's surely been too long since she last ate, and find her happily occupied and chilling out.

She blesses her mama every day by sleeping from 10pm to 7am. She is most certainly the latest sleeper of all my kids - no 6am alarm clock inside this girl!

She's got rubber band wrists that occasionally need to be cleaned out because the deep crevices of fat collect lint. That's some serious fat. But it's cute fat. Trust me.

She's just starting to laugh, but we can't seem to master the sustained chuckle nor get her to repeat it. I swear, sometimes I feel like I sit around just trying to make her laugh. Good thing no one videotapes me. It would be embarrassing.

Her 100 days is coming up this week so I'll probably go take her to get her pictures made. I'm also hoping to take her to that funky little swimming place (surely you all remember this)...you know, because I have to be fair. It would be unjust if she was the only child who was not allowed to wear the infant swim ring. hahahahahah

She's snuggly and chubby and if I was a grandmother, I would most definitely pinch her cheeks.




5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those pictures totally made me happy this morning!

Anonymous said...

Oh My!! I am packing my bags. See you at the airport tomorrow!!. Abby is SOOOO Cute. I want to hold her. Rachel Thanks for the pictures. Love GiGi Carollo

mlambchopper said...

I want to hold Abby, too. She is SO adorable. You were such a chill baby like that..I always got good sleep. You didn't even cry when the house across the street blew up (a gas explosion blowing the lady onto the roof...she was ok). It blew out all the windows on the west side of the house..but the one above your crib..certainly no coincidence.
I could see in the sad face picture that Abby is definitely needing me and G. Hmm..I must think on this more. :)
I love you...mom

sandra said...

Abby is too sweet in these photos! I love her outfit!

mlambchopper said...

I heart Abby.

Mimi