I also had high aspirations, but then forgot about it somehow along the way. But I didn't want to feel like I missed out on the fun, so I decided to "spring clean" my medicine cabinet. Sandra and simplemom and all their billions of followers took before and after pictures. And even though I was cheating and only spring cleaning one tiny little part of my house, I still wanted to feel included so I took pictures too.
And lets just say that after I took that picture, I was shocked at how I managed not be disoriented every time I opened the cabinet. This picture was not embellished or staged to look more dishevelled. No, this is the naked truth. I am not even kidding.

I unwisely started this project on a whim - which meant that it was right after naptime (bad idea), all my kids were awake (and cranky) and dinner had to be started. But my poor planning turned out ok, because it didn't take that long. AND I managed to throw away a bunch of stuff. I actually took a picture of my "discard" pile, but that seemed a bit creepy to post it online. Kind of like that Seinfeld episode where people almost break up with each other after looking in their medicine cabinets...or something like that.
Ok, where was I? Yeah, that's right. So here's the end product:
Mmmmmmm, it felt nice. I open that door and I feel a rush of...well, I feel a rush of something that feels organizationaley. I feel like I've visited a therapist and gotten rid of past baggage. Or maybe I just feel like I organized my medicine cabinet, but it still feels good.
4 comments:
I have started "cleaning" out my medicine "area" 3 times lately. Each time as I'm cleaning, I've found some forgotten thing (i.e.,bronzing powder, random mirror fan for one of your girls, and a bottle of med. I forgot I even still had)and then I re-arrange/straighten. As I did this again yesterday, I realized that I was not actually cleaning just perusing the med. cab. black hole.
When your post came up today, I thought, "This is a sign...I'll definitely do that..this weekend."
: )I love you. I will take a before and after picture..that way I'll remember just how bad it was. I love you...MOM
Rachel: I have never read such a funny storyu as the medicine cabinet clean out. My story is moving in with someone after 50 years--along with their medicine cabinets. Yes==it is a revelation. I am impressed and encouraged wotj wjat you did--and like mlambshopper, I too shall make aan effort in this area. I hope you sent Josh and the kids out for supper--while you recuperated and decided what you really should keep. Love you--Nana
OK - it all begins with the medicine cabinet! Yep. Seriously. Oh a whim, I cleaned out my medicine cabinet weeks before I ever started my Spring Cleaning endeavor. Get ready for the snow ball effect.
I just cleaned out my medicine cabinet, and was too frightened to take pics.... we look like prescription drug addicts suffering from terrible allergies. We have the oldest prescriptions ever written (trash pile) and at least 341 various types of cold, allergy, cough, antihistaminacal medications. I guess I kept buying them because I couldn't see them all in the clutter. And, allergies run rampant in swirlville, Oklahoma.
I also found more Advil, Tylenol and Motrin than any family would ever need. I guess in case of a world shortage of pain reliever, my family would be headache-free.
Mine looks so much better.... Yours too. I'm proud. Most people say you just do one particular area at a time. Now, if I could just keep going..... yeah right. :)
Post a Comment