Saturday, June 06, 2009

a little change

hey everyone, 

just wanted to let you all know that we don't know ed.  "Ed", who commented on my "today" post, is my first spam comment on my blog.  I'm not sure how I've survived so long with no spam comments, but I'm glad this is only my first.  Anyway, I changed the setting on my blog to ask you to type the word-verification thing before a comment will post. 

I feel a strong obligation to apologize, because I really hate word-verification things. I never can seem to type them right, no matter how many times I try...

But, it was either that or ask all you anonymous commenters (who always end up leaving your name!) to register with blogger and that seemed a little bit of a hassle.

So please forgive me and keep commenting, even though I really stink at responding to questions you may ask inside your comments. (My husband has reproved me and I promise to try harder to be a more considerate blogger who answers questions.)

Just a quick recap - when you click to leave a comment, you will be asked to type a series of letters or numbers to prove that you are a real, live person and not a spam-computer-something-or-other.  

sorry for the hassle.
rachel

4 comments:

Brandon and April said...

we won't be put off by the word verification! :)
We get "Ed" comments too. A.NNOY.ING.

mlambchopper said...

Hmm..doesn't look like this word ver. will be a problem. :) Even if it were...we'd put up with it, Rach. Anything for the Eggrolls!!
I love you...MOM

pod people said...

Don't even worry about the word verification! Just about everyone has to use it.

Thanks for leaving the identities open so I don't have to go get a blogger account.

Morello Madness said...

Where's Ed's comment? I went back through all you comments on the last 10 posts and couldn't find it! I've read all your posts except for "Outside School." My goal is to post my version before this weekend....we'll see!
Happy days!
Aim