Sunday, June 21, 2009

tough love

Emma has taken all the new adjustments to "baby-life" in stride.  She generally knows how much pressure is too much when she gives hugs, and usually doesn't get offended when abby's spastic, stray movements connect with her cheek.

Samantha, on the other hand, has some adjusting left to do.  She thinks abby is sometimes out to get her.  She feels sad and offended when Abby kicks her.  She gives love to Abby with the same intensity that she gives love to mom and daddy.

Abby's not always sure how to take it:

She tries valiantly to hang in there:
...but sometimes, it's a bit much.
She's really not trying to do any harm!
Alone at last, abby gives big smiles:

2 comments:

Brandon and April said...

Samantha is absolutely as gorgeous as ever! And Abby's little toothless grin is a heart breaker! what a DOLL!!!!

mlambchopper said...

Brandon and April always say things I wish I'd said. I love her toothless grin..and it is a heartbreaker! Someday..I'll be a good blogger. Kidding..