Several weeks ago - actually the day I took abby "swimming" - we found this nice little shady spot tucked away just off the road.
The girls and I were by ourselves, so we just meandered along and played for a bit on everything we found.
There were nice swings...

And high climbing bars...

After we had played til we were all hot and sweaty, we were headed to a taxi when we saw a major event in the square ahead of us. We stopped to join in the fun.There were lots of grandmothers, playing in drum club:
I really liked this one. She smiled at my girls a lot. During the break, she came over to say hi. The band leader didn't approve, and clanged her cymbals at her to get back in line. I was offended for her. Look how cute she is!


Grown ladies in tights. Sequins. Playing big drums. Yep, welcome to my life.
Break time...but don't linger too long or the band leader will clang her cymbals at you too!
What a fun surprise we found that day! At the same square, there was also a traveling bus set up, full of information on the National Athletic Games that our city will be hosting in a few months. The idea of the bus was to tout all the "green" reforms that the city has made in preparation for these games. We were enthusiastically invited to come in and tour the bus. There were all sorts of tiny plastic models of turbines and electric systems and whathaveyou. They also interviewed me for the evening news, but when they realized just how little environmentally-friendly vocabulary I know, they quickly ended the interview! ha!
I really liked this one. She smiled at my girls a lot. During the break, she came over to say hi. The band leader didn't approve, and clanged her cymbals at her to get back in line. I was offended for her. Look how cute she is!

Grown ladies in tights. Sequins. Playing big drums. Yep, welcome to my life.
Break time...but don't linger too long or the band leader will clang her cymbals at you too!
What a fun surprise we found that day! At the same square, there was also a traveling bus set up, full of information on the National Athletic Games that our city will be hosting in a few months. The idea of the bus was to tout all the "green" reforms that the city has made in preparation for these games. We were enthusiastically invited to come in and tour the bus. There were all sorts of tiny plastic models of turbines and electric systems and whathaveyou. They also interviewed me for the evening news, but when they realized just how little environmentally-friendly vocabulary I know, they quickly ended the interview! ha!
4 comments:
Well..on any given day here in our town...I don't think I can provide all that excitement. I was sad that the nice grandmother received a "clanging" for loving on my grandchildren. I never!!
As far as putting you on TV, I would think your little family would look adorable whether you said anything or not. But..alas I am your mother and a grandmother to boot. Just teach our smart Emma to say in Asianese, "WE love to be Green!"
What a fun post. Going to bed with a happy heart. I love you.
Mom
Those are incredible swings!
Rachel, I have been a fan of your blog for several months now just never posted. I wanted to say how much I enjoy learning about your life. The girls are beautiful. Take care and be well. Miss Debbie
I love Emma's little "princess Leia" hairdo on these pics! She is a doll. As is her mother.
Post a Comment