Tuesday, June 09, 2009

papa piccolo

A recent book in our Five in a Row series is Papa Piccolo.  It's the story of a tomcat (in Italy, no less!) that "adopts" two kittens and teach them all baby kittens need to know.   They learn how to eat spaghetti and then lick themselves clean (ew.  yuck.  gross.), how to jump from high places and land on their feet.  They also "learn" how to drink milk from a saucer, as if they need any help lapping up the milk.

We thought it would be fun to pretend that we were baby cats.  (Ok, I didn't pretend.  They did.)  I set them each a bowl of water out and the whole day if they were thirsty, they had to drink from their water bowl.

They thought it was grand fun.  




We watched videos of cats jumping from high places, of cats licking themselves clean (again, ew.  yuck.  gross.) and drinking milk.  How did people learn anything before youtube and wikipedia?

Anyway, I'm glad to say that now there are only little girls in my home now, but they sure had fun pretending to be kitties.  

4 comments:

BP said...

hahaha..that is hilarious! You are so creative R.C.

mlambchopper said...

Dearest Rach...
As you know in the whit household..we are not cat fans; however, we do like kitties. :)
And..those two little blonde kitties are the cutest kitties I have ever seen. What a fun mommy & teacher you are!!
Did you teach them the old school "Meow Meow Meow Meow" song?? Also..have they seen, "Lady and the Tramp?" I would think that would be right up their alley..and it has those spooky Siamese cats. You can tell them how Aunt Holly used to sing the song, "We are Siamese if you please..pum pum pum
pum pum..when she was tiny.
We love you, mama eggroll.

Carrie said...

I ditto your affection for youtube. We use it all the time in our place. My son has a love for the ones where some large animal is devoring some smaller, pitiful one. My daughter....anything with dancing and pink.

Looks like you guys had a great time. We'll be coming your way in about 1 month!

EGG's Dad said...

I think it would have been fun to see the "big cat" and his bowl...