The girls, especially emma, have been asking for a dog for a very, very long time. We have responded with all the reasons we can't buy a dog and won't buy a dog.
The girl is persistent, though. I thought it might be a phase. Give it a few weeks, and it will be over. Not so. It's been over a year now.
Josh and I had been mulling the idea over, though they didn't know it. I had big plans for this morning, but after a huge downpour, all our plans got cancelled. After the rain, I took them outside to play in the puddles. And mud. Can you believe that? My kids were wet and muddy. (If you know me, this is a major achievement!)
Anyway, we left to go play outside, and came back with a pet.
My girls could not believe it.
Truly. They could not believe it.
Samantha kept saying, "Mommy always said we couldn't have a pet, but she changed her mind! We have a pet now! We have a pet now!"
They named her Rosebud. (This was no surprise to us.)
I know your curiosity is killing you. I've included pictures, too.
Here it is. A picture of our very own Rosebud:
What?! I forgot to mention that she was a snail? Oh, yes. She is a snail. We found her out behind our building. In that picture, she's actually crawling on top of the saran-wrap roof.


5 comments:
You're so funny, Rach. When I looked at the first picture, I couldn't figure out why the dog was wrapped up. Hmm..well, Rosebud is a darling name for a snail or anything else.
Daddy and I just saw the most adorable Miss Buzz Lightyear Bee costume. It was like a Princess Dress..but it had bee wings like angel wings and it had this little bee wand. It was so cute..and it was a dress. Does this still qualify as a costume? I sure thought it would look darling on Mantha or Emma.
hahaha..that's awesome! But what if it dies?? Won't the girls get upset?
That's a managable pet to have in an asianese apartment. I think it's adorable that the girls were pretending to be snails. I love kids imaginations!
Rach: You did good. A snail is much better to live with than a puppy. What in the world would you do with a dog up a number of floors--who is going to take him out to the bathroom--you with all three girls? You did so good, honey. The girls are so wonderful to go with y our decisions. What dolls. Nana
Yes, I agree. Snails are much better pets than puppies. Especially puppies who have little brown eyebrows and whose floppy ears reach all the way to their noses. In memory of you, Ding Dong/Do Do/whatever your name is now...
Post a Comment