Besides Disney and eating, there were a few other memorable events:
1. I took a trip to Toys-r-Us (gasp!) by myself. The girls stayed home. I discovered that I bought better things when I was by myself. Case in point: a new dollhouse on the clearance rack. Don't you love Samantha's reaction when we showed it to them?
2. Emma and Samantha got to play with Elizabeth, Anna, and Nate - friends of ours who we don't get to see nearly enough. Emma and Elizabeth (and their mommies) went out for a big-girl date and had a great time playing together. They don't always come as often as we'd like, but it's such a blessing to have these opportunities to play with other kids!3. Sleeping in! No preschool to go to, not a lot on our schedule. We made cinnamon rolls, ate fun cereals...and one morning, I got a surprise when I woke up. All the girls were crammed into Abby's travel tent! (She didn't seem to mind, though!)
4. I bought 20 pounds of chocolate chips. They weren't all for me, but still...that's a lot of pounds!
4. I bought 20 pounds of chocolate chips. They weren't all for me, but still...that's a lot of pounds!5. Took pictures. Remember that new lens I was telling you about? It's a Canon 50mm f/1.4. If you're like me and have no idea what all those numbers are supposed to mean, it's the kind of lens that makes your pictures have the blurry background. It has no zoom, which has taken some getting used to, but it gets great pictures with nice soft background when you get up close. I bought this lens mostly because Elizabeth, Anna and Nate's dad told me to, and he usually knows what's what. I really like it when I use it at the right times. Note: this is NOT the lens to take to Disney Land. =)

6. We got to see some friends. Good friends. Friends from the past that your heart sees and then kind of has a contended little sigh. If hearts could sigh, I mean. We ate together, played Rummikub, went to the pool, talked late into the night, and then, just 30 hours later, it was over. But we were still thankful.
7. We must have done more than this, but this is all I have pictures for. So my list is over.

6. We got to see some friends. Good friends. Friends from the past that your heart sees and then kind of has a contended little sigh. If hearts could sigh, I mean. We ate together, played Rummikub, went to the pool, talked late into the night, and then, just 30 hours later, it was over. But we were still thankful.
7. We must have done more than this, but this is all I have pictures for. So my list is over.
4 comments:
We use the Canon 50mm f/1.5 too! I LOVE IT! I refuse to use any other lens (unless I have to put on our wide angle lens for big shots). It really is the most bang for your buck. It took me a while to get use to, but now I am an addict.
SUCH a cute picture of samantha and the doll house! haha!!!
and HOORAY for the lens! It's the same lens I have and it's awesome, especially for inside shots. It's so great at letting in light that you'll find yourself not ever needing your flash. :) It is hard to get used to no zoom but it captures such sharp pictures that it's a good trade.
glad ya'll had fun in HK
Well I know nothing about lenses..but I LOVE all the great pictures you all take!That dollhouse picture with Mantha and Emma is GREAT!! Love seeing Abbers and the girls in the tent. :) And..seeing your dear friend..that's a big ahh, right? She's so lovely. When I was growing up, nana would say some people were..lovely. If she said that, "That was the ultimate compliment." Rach..you are lovely, too!
I love you so much. Gettin' teary eyed. All my girls are away. Holly in Lahaina..you and the beautiful grandgirls all over the world, and KT at Grand Lake. Dust is here..but he's hiding out.
Holly is super cool living in Maui, eh? She and Julie love it, and they are the perfect beach girls, I think.
Mom
Met your friend last fall...definitely a sweet, sweet girl! I can't get over how much Abby is looking like Emma. Cute pictures!
Post a Comment