Thursday, January 28, 2010

creativity in a box

My sister-in-law Kristen sent a box our way a few weeks ago. As usual, she always finds such unique gifts that amaze my girls (and me too...I love the LUSH bath products she sends me! Mmmmmmm!)

Her find of the year this time was ballet clothes - the whole set up. Tights, slippers, tutus, headbands...everything. I personally loved the tutus. They had a homemade craftish look about them, and I loved that. It seemed like something I could do myself if I didn't have three billion children (oh, I mean....three children) and all the other things I manage to fill my time with.

Even though we opened the box waaaay after bedtime (after some guests had left), jammies went off and tutus went on. It's pretty obvious by these pictures that they haven't received much ballet training in our home. =)


...trying to get those legs up high in the air!



The next day when Abby woke up, she was pleased to see that there was a tutu waiting for her too! She really liked it at first...
...then realized that she had to renegotiate her previously-mastered walking maneuvers - stairs were a new issue with a tutu that's bigger than her!
Emma gives the leg kick another go-round. I was cracking up. She was loving it.
Her enthusiasm was contagious. It wasn't long before Samantha started trying it too. Neither of them are very...professional.
Abby decided that she liked the tutu after all, and was happy to wear it as long as I'd let her.
Thanks so much, Aunt Kristen! What fun, fun gifts!

3 comments:

mlambchopper said...

Those are awesome tutus..Kristin is AWESOME!!! The little ladies look so adorable dancing about in those!!:)
Kate has started her pilates class..and, if, they wore tutus..I know she'd like it more. :)
I have a really cute picure of you in a pink ballerina outfit w/ a pink tutu. Hmm..since there is a "ice storm" sort of "down the road in Duncan probably heading our way and to Josh's families, too," I think I'll try to hunt up that picture. I think it must have some sort of "exchange value" with you. No..it's adorable..you were adorable..just like NOW!
I think I need to include in my next box...a beginning ballet video. I saw one on line. Perfect to go in the "birthday box."

WE LOVE YOU! I saw an article where someone was trying to "row" through the streets in your city due to the ice. Then, I remembered. Oh, yeah. That city is the size of Oklahoma. Hmm..probably not by you. But, that gold colored sea is frozen, I hear. ;0

Rachel said...

That's adorable!!! Those tutus ARE amazing!

Ali's been doing ballet lately too - except that we haven't watched any ballet lately. She's imitating her friend AJ imitating ballet.

Obviously, a lot of the details got lost in one of those translations somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Carollo Girls: I have some little girls in tutus in my far away stored boxes/ One is of Donna--and it is to die for/ All of them took ballet--Mindy was the only one that really wanted to pursue it--and jazz ballet. So when it came time to perform at the local Lions Club or something, she didn't want to go. The song: Hey, big spender, spend a little time with me..Love Nana