- Abby is driving me crazy. She's going through the very normal seperation-anxiety phase and wants mommy all the time. Let me repeat: All. The. Time. She'll even desperately use her signs to say "More Mommy Please" if someone else picks her up. I'm not even kidding. I know this phase will end - just as it has with all my other children - but in the meantime, I'm on Abby overload.
- We waited in the very bitter wind this morning for 20 minutes to get a taxi to take the girls to preschool. An empty taxi never came, and the few that were empty waved me off. I hate the wave-off. We went back home, I ended up locking the girls in their room with leapsters and puzzles and fruit snacks and told them I'd come get them for lunch. Ok, ok...I didn't really lock them in their room; I just added that for emphasis.
- School stuff is going well, but I can already see I'll have to be careful not to be enslaved to my schedule. My mantra these days has been "Emma's not even 5 yet". Of course, in a month or so, I'll have to change my mantra, but the idea is the same. ;) The schedule is a servant to assist me in accomplishing my goals, not a master driving me too hard every day.
- Our bean sprouts are growing. I was concerned because I have a terrible track record with living things. (Excluding children, of course.)
- We started watching Lord of the Rings again last week. The extended version. No wonder I'm so tired this week!
That's all I can think of for now. It's been kind of a slow news week around our house.
6 comments:
Little one,
Just now able to post, but when I read this I thought, "All mothers at some point get overwhelmed." If not, they are either perfect or not human. ; 0 I believe this is a "nana" quote. :)
You expect so much of yourself..and you are very hard on yourself. Dad and I wish we could come to the rescue...and, we can..just not physically right now. I'm sure Josh has some good ideas on this. I've always gone to your dad when I felt like this..and somehow things just got better.
How about a picture of those bean sprouts with you and the ladybugs?
I am nana reincarnated. ;0
I know how you feel about that group of movies..you just can't seem to turn them off..they're so good. But, the next day bites..fo sure. We love you.
Mom..for dad, Hollz, and KT too!
Tee hee - I laughed at your living things comment, and at the fact that your Mom just said "The next day bites."
At any rate, she is right - we all have those weeks - and it can only get better! So sorry...
Rach-
Our little people would be such good friends as my little men have a deep love for both the leapster and fruitsnacks. =)
I can't help agree with Abby when I don't get to spend time with you...more rachel please! :)
Rachel--You ned Nana--I am saying to Bob "Don't you wish we could get Abby here for a few days--to sit on our laps and eat cake icing and have fun. Believe me, honey--we have all been in that position. I remember my wonderful Dr. Ridgeway (whose comment to me when I asked: Does anyone ever run away)--he said: "No--I almost never lose a mmother of threeTheir picture run day and night on my computer==of course mmost of them are Emma as a newborn--since I need a tech star to help my computer abilities. Love you, sweet girl--Nana
OK seriously. What is it about Lord of the Rings extended edition? Hubs has been dying to watch it all winter. We're half-way through The Two Towers.
Post a Comment