I'm becoming much more ok these days with things not getting done. It isn't that I don't WANT them to get done, it's just that I frequently get interrupted and leave...
...piles of clothes around the house that were INTENDED to make it to the washer, but never did.
...ambitious homeschool projects neglected in the corner.
...half-full cans of coke that NEVER GOT DRUNK! That should tell you something - the day a coke doesn't get finished is a sad day for eggrollmama; we've been having lots of half-full coke days!
But, even though I feel scattered, unfinished, and a little more tolerant of messes these days, I feel like things are going pretty good. I'm hoping here in the next few weeks, Silas will start sleeping 5-6 hours at night (can you believe he's already three weeks old?!) so my sleep bank might start catching back up again.
In the meantime, I thought I'd post these pictures of Abby. Abby makes me laugh every single day. For as rambunctious and disruptive as she can be to my ambitious plans, she is the funniest little one you'll ever meet.
When she found out that Emma had been hiding this fabulous pair of sunglasses:
When she put clothes on OVER her jammies...
When she wanted everyone to know that Silas also had a belly button:
When she wanted to show some tenderness:
When she wanted to share her blanket with her baby brother:
4 comments:
she is precious precious!! what a doll! and loving on her baby brother. so sweet.
Coke half-empty or half-full? C'mon! Don't be a downer! :)
more sleepful nights are ahead! hang in there!
Ahhh...Abby! She has stolen our hearts for sure! :) When I even think of Abby, it makes me smile. I simply cannot get enough of that girl..so funny, so curious, so STRONG, and so loving!
I think when you have 4 children, you never finish your dinner or your coke/Dr. Pepper. Well, food does get finished..but, it's always cold. Am I right? However, as we talked the other day...I wouldn't trade any amount of free time for my 4 children and 4 grandchildren.
Precious, charming, smarter than the average bear grandchildren. Who could ask for anything more??
I love you...
Mom
Abby is so sweet! I just want to borrow her... forever! Thinking of you as you adjust to being a Mommy of 4!
Blessed in the mess, huh, Mama? And we are blessed to be a part of your amazing family. She is precious - little stinker and all.
Post a Comment