Today was just one of those days. You know the kind I'm talking about.
It started out ok, but just progressively got more and more chaotic.
Our hot water heater went out again today.
The ribs I made for dinner yesterday somehow (unbeknownst to me!) spilled out onto the bottom of my oven; so as I was preheating the oven tonight to bake some yummy cornbread, all the rib juice got "cooked" into the oven, causing the oven to smoke all through the kitchen...and more importantly, no cornbread. Then, I had to spend an hour after dinner, after dishes, scouring the oven so that it would not leave smoky burnt rib residue on our thanksgiving feast next week.
My entire drawer that holds my silverware broke.
The water in our entire building went out.
The elevator was broken. We live on the 10th floor.
My veggie soup that I made for dinner tonight truly was awful.
The two redeeming points of the day were:
-that I am now sitting in front of the computer, at 10:42pm, drinking a coke (an American coke, no less...), eating a Dark Chocolate KitKat bar, and munching on Orville Redenbaucher's popcorn. Thank you, Orville. Gosh, I'm such a comfort eater.
-My parents sent me this huge care package and it finally arrived yesterday! Nestled in between the gazillions of clothes and Dora paraphanalia for my children were FOUR lovely bottles of bubble bath for me. How do these sound: Spiced Apple Rapture, Cinnamon Bun Heaven, Pumpkin Pie Paradise, and then Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath&Body Works. I have been thinking of the hot bath I would take this evening all day...until I realized - with a sigh - that not only do I not have hot water, I do not have water, period! bummer. But the package was great - and there's Cheetos on there too. Who can resist cheetos? And chocolate. Those Dark Chocolate KitKats are good. Do they have those in the States?
Tomorrow will be better. God willing, tomorrow will be Spiced Apple Rapture!
5 comments:
Those days are tough, but just take it moment by moment! I am SO sorry you didn't get your bath! I have also been craving one, but by the time I get time, I am too tired! :)
How much sugar did you put in that cornbread that wasn't?
We sent you a bath tub full of hot water too...didn't you get it? Those durn custom agents must have seized it. The next box, instead of Dora the Explorer we're sending you Dora the Elevator...she might come in handy. Now about that Greasy Bake Oven...........
Katie: Rach did you ever take MACRO ECONOMICS?
Rach: yes, definitely one of the hardest classes I took at OU...
You would think by you telling me this.. I would have immediately dropped the class.
I received my EXAM 2 scores back today... And you know.. I was thinking ahhh high c low b... What did I get you say? lets try along the lines of a G... If you dont know what a G is.. have emma recite the alphabet and then you will see that G comes after F... (at least the last time I checked)
its been one of those days for me too SIS. I wish we could be together because I too love dark chocolate kit kats... and i would def have a coke in your honor.. as a smart person once said...
"the darkest hour is just before dawn"
take it to mean what you want.. I dont really get it either but whatev. i love you and know tomorrow will be a lot better :)
It's a rainy day in Georgia (chilly too). Your posting made me smile in sympathy. When the children were little and we lived on the farm there were a variety of days that sounded just like yours. I am praying that tomorrow you get that nice hot bath. It does sound SOOOOOOOO good.
Can you post an address for "care Packages"?I would love to send you some surprises.
Love you much,
Marilyn
Bless your heart! But what an awesome care package - and bubble bath bliss, though deferred, will surely be something worth waiting for. I am not such a bubble bath person, probably because I don't have the best tub for it, but they are heavenly indeed.
I will have to try the dark chocolate Kit Kats - I love me some dark chocolate!
Post a Comment