Friday, November 10, 2006

You may not know...

I was writing an email to my new friend amy the other day, and i was telling her a little about myself and our family. As I was writing, I thought it was a good idea just to have an entire post about things you may or may not know about me. I know, this blog should be more devoted to the little eggrolls instead of the mama eggroll, but sometimes you just have to deal with me. :) so here goes:

I played the flute in junior high marching band.

I like to eat tofu.

If I have spare time, I like to blog, scrapbook, read, and write (and usually in that order).

I have drunk only six cokes from the 32-pack I bought on october 1.

Our biggest marital conflicts have revolved around how much sugar to put in cornbread.

I don’t like coffee. Not even starbucks.

I love holding hands with my daughter.

I didn’t learn how to cook until I lived in asia.

I have a strong addiction to anything chocolate – there is no dessert too rich for me.

I didn’t get on a plane for the first time until I was almost 18.

My daughter’s first plane ride came when she was 5 weeks old.

My grandfather died during our first year in asia; other than that, no one really close to me has died in my adult life.

My favorite restaurant (besides good mexican food) is Luby's Cafeteria. (When I go there with my grandmother, I'm sure all the other patrons think, "Oh, how nice...that girl is bringing her grandmother to Luby's!" ...when in fact, it's my grandmother taking ME to Luby's.)

Samantha's birthday is on our wedding anniversary.

I had laser eye surgery.

I TRULY hate cockroaches.

Before I die, I want to (among other things) 1) spend a month in Australia, 2) go to the pyramids in Egypt and 3) go on an African Safari.

I only take a shower every two or three days. :)

My jeans are still tight.

My first job was working at Chuck E. Cheese. (and yes, I really liked it!)

Well, that about covers all the random things I can think of to tell you. What are some random facts about you??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I was glad to see that very few of these random facts surprised me about you...
I didn't know about the flute... I played the french horn!
I LOVE to scrapbook, but haven't since Elizabeth was 3 months old (hmm, maybe because I was feeling run down being pregnant with Anna)
Cornbread - 1/2 sugar according to my favorite recipe... which is maybe why my pre-pregnancy jeans aren't anywhere close to fitting... which is why I cannot feed my severe chocolate addiction.
Sorry for you abut the coffee dislike! I can't stand it during pregnancy!
I flew free for the first 21 years of my life (my dad works for an airlines)
I can't stand coconut, mustard, or anything pickled
I have a terrible fear of bugs... when I see one I imagine them crawling all over me. We recently had some crickets in our apartment and I felt creepy crawly for days.
I grind my teeth.
I love musicals...
Well, there is some Erica facts for you!
Thanks for the blogging!

Anonymous said...

1) I have a weird obsession with my sister rachel which began at around the age of 7 when she would get up extra early in the morning to allow time for braiding my hair, french braiding my hair, or putting my hair in side ponytails.
2)My favorite drink used to be coke.. only to impress my sister who i am still weirdly obsessed with. It it now back to Dr. Pepper though.
3)Naps are my favorite
4) I tend to drink energy drinks too much :)
5) MAc n Cheese from LUBYS is the best
6) my toesnails are painted black at the moment
7) I dislike pickels, mustard, and plain potatoe chips.
8) I rarely eat sweets
9)Being a PRO basketball would be my dream job
10) When Im in the ocean, I sometimes pretend I was on the titanic ship and I quote "I'll never let go JAck"

Anonymous said...

As father of the Blogger I feel it is my duty to elaborate on ERM's random musings, so here goes: I played the flute in junior high marching band. And you played Cinderella's EVIL step-sister in Highschool.

I like to eat tofu. Yet you'd rather get a spanking than eat Hamburger Helper.

If I have spare time, I like to blog, scrapbook, read, and write (and usually in that order). Blogging IS reading, writing and scrapbooking!!!

I have drunk only six cokes from the 32-pack I bought on october 1. Did you mention that you drank all six during a particularly bad afternoon???

Our biggest marital conflicts have revolved around how much sugar to put in cornbread. Four tablespoons of sugar is the correct amount. Trust me on this one.

I don’t like coffee. Not even starbucks. That comes from good raising!.

I love holding hands with my daughter. That's funny... so do I.

I didn’t learn how to cook until I lived in asia. Necessity is the mother of 'in kitchen'.

I didn’t get on a plane for the first time until I was almost 18. I think you've more than made up for it :(

My daughter’s first plane ride came when she was 5 weeks old. What about the plane ride when she was eight months old in the womb???

My grandfather died during our first year in asia; other than that, no one really close to me has died in my adult life. You being in Asia is about to KILL your mom...doesn't that count??? (just kidding ;)

My favorite restaurant (besides good mexican food) is Luby's Cafeteria. (When I go there with my grandmother, I'm sure all the other patrons think, "Oh, how nice...that girl is bringing her grandmother to Luby's!" ...when in fact, it's my grandmother taking ME to Luby's.) I think that's because all you eat there is Macaroni and Cheese, and it basically tastes like tofu.

Samantha's birthday is on our wedding anniversary. Our wedding anniversary is on the same day as...no wait, that's not right. Donna, when IS our anniversary???

I had laser eye surgery. Didn't you like to play Laser Tag, too?

I TRULY hate cockroaches. Even dipped in chocolate???

Before I die, I want to (among other things) 1) spend a month in Australia, 2) go to the pyramids in Egypt and 3) go on an African Safari. I TOLD you that you've made up for that PLANE thing alreay!!!

I only take a shower every two or three days. :) So THAT explains the cockroaches :)

My jeans are still tight. Isn't that the POINT of jeans???

My first job was working at Chuck E. Cheese. (and yes, I really liked it!) We thought you were learning to cook THERE!!! Our mistake :)

DAD

Swirl Girl said...

Love your random facts, and your dad's commentary on your facts.

I have lots of random facts. In fact, randomness seems to abound near me. I won't bore you with the facts though.