sometimes silence is SO deafening, you know? Josh and I debated for a bit over whether or not his post about Swiper and his swiping would possibly have been offensive to any of you...and me, in my great naivete said, "I think people will think it's funny and just consider it as normal problem of a second langauge." But in the days since then, my great commenters have mysteriously disappeared. So if any of you were reading your computer screen, with gaping mouths at our audacity to say what we said about ol' Swiper, I do truly and sincerely apologize. After talking with some of our local friends, we found that the Asianese use of it does not carry near the intensity of meaning that the translation the dictionary provided in English does, so it's nice to know that if emma does go around telling swiper not to swipe, she can do it in asianese at no risk of offending others.
Ok, anyway - I have two new posts that you might not see because they got posted out of order - I've been working on them for a while and I guess blogger posts them in order of the day I started working on them. But - go the right hand side where it shows my recent posts and check out these two:
the almost overlooked vacation -pics of that vacation we took before all our medical stuff happened
my cheating heart - a true story about infidelity and having fun at the park with the girls
hope you enjoy the pictures!
3 comments:
I loved the swiper story, and did think it was hilarious. Blogger was not cooperating with my comment, so I was unable to leave any witty words. Not because it was offensive.... totally not offensive. A good funny story. Bad Swiper.
We all loved the swiper story. I thought I posted. In my eyes, Josh can do no wrong. Love you.....MOM
I personally thought the Swiper story was great! I can't imagine anyone would be offended by it. Love you guys! I need to send you some pictures. B.
Post a Comment