A few weeks ago, my friend Amy had a birthday.
Amy's husband wanted to send her away for the day. (Not like "send her away" but like, "send her away" to go shopping and have some time for herself.)
Amy's husband also thought it would be more fun if Amy's friends went with her.
Amy's husband talked to my husband and Rachel's husband.
They conspired together to send us on a 30-hour break from home life.
It was lovely. We read books, ate ribs, went shopping, ate sandwiches, did some more shopping, bought candy and snacks from America, did some more shopping, ate ice cream, and shopped some more. That was pretty much how the time was spent... =)
One place we went had ceramic platters and kitchen dishes. I'd been to that store before, but never had I seen the sight I was to behold that day:

For less than three dollars, I snapped it up and added a new chip and dip tray to my collection. It's ceramic and heavy - not like my light plastic ones that I love and use often - but it's Boomer Sooner, and I found it in Asia, and how can you not like having Boomer Sooner stuff, even if it is ceramic and heavy??
I hadn't had a good chance to use it until the beginning of January, January 8 to be exact. We had a few friends over to watch the big game - along with some mexican dip, puppy chow, and fabulous frosted brownies. The platter echoed our sentiments exactly - Go Sooners!

And, in the end, even if the game didn't go how we had hoped, I was still happy to use my tray. I was still happy to eat the food. I was still happy to enjoy the company. Plus, we're starting to get used to losing big games, so it didn't seem like such a loss this year.
So for this year and for next year, and for all the upcoming years: Go Sooners!
3 comments:
Cool! Now..I see what you were talking about! Who'd ah thunk it?
Well, we are doing great with our Sooner Basketball..both men & women. Sherry is even sporting a new do!
Speaking of new...we are getting so excited about the baby!!!
: ) We love you all....Mom
You found that platter in a store where you LIVE? If yes.. i'm shocked. People in the far east know about the Sooners? I mean, they are awesome.. sure... but wow! If this shopping excursion was during your visit home, then forget that I mentioned it. It's really not all that shocking!
On another note... miss abby's room is darling. I'm anxious, as I'm sure you are too!!
I love random finds! It's so neat that you guys got to slip away from the everyday grind to chill.
Post a Comment