After having two kids, I started planning all my meals for the week on Sunday night. This is particularly useful for me because I have a fabulous house helper who will go to the store on Monday morning and buy whatever I need. If I forget something, it usually means I will go to the store later in the week...so I really try to remember it all!
But sometimes I get in a rut. We get tired of the same rotation of foods every few weeks. Surely this happens to you all too? So one night last week, I added a new addition.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes were on the menu for the first time ever in the eggroll house. I'd never made them, never even ordered them at IHOP or anywhere else. Joy of Cooking provided me with a recipe, so I thought I'd try it out.
They were good - but loaded with chocolate chips inside, what's not good? Emma and Samantha were excited, and why not? We even had sliced strawberries and whipped cream to go with it. Dinner to be excited about, I tell you!
We also made some regular pancakes, because my deepest (yet unspoken) question was legitimate - do chocolate chip pancakes really count as dinner?
Really?
5 comments:
Steve says the same thing. He insists that the ingredients in pancakes and cake are the same, and how come we put syrup on one and call it a meal, and put icing on the other and call it a special dessert.
I see how he is right, but pancakes for dinner is one of my favorite things.
My brother will only eat pancakes with chocolate chips sprinkled on top. He has gotten spoiled by my mom. Although at 24, I think he needs to get over it! haha
Glad y'all had a fun meal and I can't wait to see you!
Well, I've never had chocolate pancakes with chocolate chips in them either. I'll have to ask dad to whip some up for me. :)
It's icy here. I'm not going out..I will not total any more cars. :(
Dreaming of hot, tropical weather. Hmm..wonder where I wish I was?
I love you...MOM
We had chocolate chip pancakes Friday night for dinner! We love them! They are a special treat at our house, though, usually reserved for birthdays and in this case, good report cards from school (and the beginning of the semester break). :)
chocolate chip pancakes are one of brandon's specialties!! though ours usually come on saturday mornings, dinner pancakes aren't unheard of in our house!
yum!!
Please let me know when you'll be whipping these up again. We'll be sure to drop by!
Post a Comment