Thursday, January 22, 2009

free paint - Emma

When I gave my girls the option to paint the other day, they were totally jazzed.  

They were even more excited that I just gave them the brush, let them choose their colors, and then moved out of the way.  

Painting at our house is usually a structured activity - we're trying to make something, or complete a part of something else, so there's rules and restrictions on colors and places to paint.

Not this time.  



It was "anything goes" (including, as you can see, clothing - where "everything went"!)  Emma loved the freedom she had to paint anything, and her imagination went far beyond my ability to keep up! She kept pointing out puppies with eyes, clouds, more puppies...

Finally, her finished product had several puppies (which I never could quite locate) but also a beautiful sunshine (which was easy to find, and quite well done, I might add!) and some clouds and her name.  

I guess everyone loves the feel of a blank piece of paper and a brush...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see those puppies!: )
Thanks Rach for putting some "sunshine" in our days. We love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW.....(being an art teacher through and through....) I love this. Allowing them the freedom to be creative is so wonderful:)
Marilyn