Friday, January 09, 2009

play time!

I love new presents, because it provides all sorts of hours of entertainment for my kids!  (My parents also sent my girls a Leapster2 for Christmas - and it rocks!  Talk about keeping your kids entertained!)

One thing josh and I got the girls was these pop bead things.  It took samantha a while to figure out exactly what they were for.  She thought they were just regular blocks, so she decided to make a little train with them....

Pregnant people should not get this low to the floor, even in pursuit of good pictures!
After complimenting her on her well-planned and executed train, we had a a little lesson about what the beads were for.  They were enthralled with the infinite possibilities of rings, bracelets, necklaces and crowns.  It was heaven for little princesses...




Emma in particular had specific requirements for colors and lengths and styles.  She loaded herself up with as much bling as possible.  


Nope, no trains or dump trucks in this house.  It's jewelry and dress up all the way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It won't be long for me to do the same...

Nice pic of you two by the tree as well!

steve

Michael & Autumn said...

Rachel, check out our latest post to see what happens to those same pop beads when boys are in the house! I think they took some inspiration from Queen Amidalah from Star Wars...

O Fam said...

I really like your new picture!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new picture of you two! The girls look like they are having so much fun...I can't wait for jewelry and dress up! Keep us updated on the little one...any names yet?

Anonymous said...

Well..I'll have to chime in. I love the picture of you all. When I pull up the blog..it just makes me smile.