Monday, May 18, 2009

how true

We've been reading a new book each week from the Five In A Row curriculum, as part of our "Emma-is-home-all-the-time" activities.

This week's book is Lentil, by Robert McCloskey. It's about a boy who eventually saves his town from embarrassment through is rockin harmonica playing skills.

Early on in the book, it says "...so Lentil decided he would become an expert."

The girls and I talked about an expert, and what exactly it meant. I gave them a few examples...

Our house helper is an expert at cooking local food...

Daddy is an expert at studying languages...

and then emma pipes up - "Samantha and I are experts...at playing!"

Hmmmm. How true!

1 comment:

mlambchopper said...

And..you are excellent at being a great mom, wife, teacher, daughter, sister, relative, and friend. I'm sure I missed some things. OH...ditto on Josh. :)
Love you Rach...
Mom