Friday, June 05, 2009

puppy love...again

Emma probably asks us every day when we will buy her a dog. She dreams up solutions to the problem of where he could live. She encourages us to move so he will have more room to play. She tells us names she would choose. She wants a puppy so badly.

We really want to get one, too. Just not right now.

Don't laugh at me now when you hear this. I told josh that if we ever got a dog, little pup would have to wear booties every time we went outside. There's just too much outside-nastiness that I don't want his cute little puppy paws to bring inside. So, it would be booties in a big way around here.

but anyway, that's a long way off. But the girl can dream, right?

So do you remember that trip we took to the animal market a couple of months ago? here's the cute little guy emma wanted to bring home - and seriously, if we had a place for him, he would have been bought on the spot.

Samantha wasn't so excited, but she held him anyway:

But emma! Oh, you can feel the love. She was in the middle of a squeeze in this picture:
The animan market itself was a little on the chaotic side. There were lots of dogs sitting around, not tied up or anything. This guy barked some serious bark at us. I was nearly convinced to never think any more dog-thoughts for the rest of my life.
The puppy love didn't start when we were in thailand, but it definitely blossomed there. My friend alicia had two chihuahuas named Mocha and Latte. It was love and bliss and happiness.
They were really cute.


Are you feeling this love? Hallelujah, the tiny pup survived the love.
...and survived this love too. That's a lotta love.
Cute dog carrier? Check.
I guess he loves her too.
But that's all the puppy news for now, at least til we move and abby is not scrounging around on the floor for things. And those things won't happen for a while. Sigh.

2 comments:

mlambchopper said...

These girls are so cute with the puppies. I can see Emma has been bitten by the "puppy love" bug.
Well, you know Aunt Holly wants a
little dog someday...perhaps you'll be around when that happens. I'm thinking that it will be after the Hawaii Chronicles...if and when those actually occur.
What a precious blog.
I love you, Mom

mlambchopper said...

After reading this for the (I am your blog stalker)zillionth time...I have learned from Holly that she does not want a dog. :)
And, interestingly enough, the girls get cuter each time I read this. Sorry..if you don't post new ones..you force me into a double dosing of comments. I apologize to the community of viewers out there.
I love you lovely Eggroll family!!
Mimi