I'm debating my choices...take a shower or catch up on email.
I've got a load of emails that really need some of my attention - to my nana (shout out to nana! hi!), to my sister-in-law who just loaded up my kids with fab ballerina outfits (hi kristen!), to my friend who's on the cusp of adding a new little baby to her brood (yo sandra!) and a billion others.
And then there's the shower option...
I know my husband would appreciate me going with the shower option.
I know the friends I will see tonight would also probably appreciate the shower option.
Hmm......
What's that? You wonder why I can't do emails AND take a shower in an hour? Josh's shower record is like, three minutes flat. But I, yes I am unlike other, more normal people. No matter how hard I try, taking a shower and the necessary procedures of "getting ready" take me forever. I blame it on my big mess of too-long hair that is dying to be cut. I blame it on interruptions. I blame it on anything and everything except me. Because, really... I'm never at fault.
But...my girls are at school and abby is about to have a nap. Maybe I can do a little of both.
I guess I'd better get started.
So - I think I'll head for the shower.
5 comments:
Rach..
Anyone who truly knows you..will always give you a break!!
Seriously?? 3 kids? Homeschoooling? Stay at home mom? Kinda far away from HELP like...parents..grandparents??
And, nana, for sure understands your dilemnas. ;) We chat all the time about it! Take you a nice, hot shower or hot bubble bath..WHENEVER you get the chance. All your friends and family get it. ;) We're just glad you blog and show us pictures.
Love,
Mom
It truly is so hard to decide between a shower and e-mail! Don't worry, I think I have an e-mail from you from over a month ago that I still haven't replied to. (the one with video questions) Will get to it, but probably not before the adoption. hugs!
I feel your dilemma! This happens almost daily - shower vs. something else important. I must confess I went 5 days without a shower during our freezing temps in FL recently. It didn't even occur to me until the end of day 4 and then I was already in bed so waited until the morning.
I've also started using nap times for showers around here. Because 3 minutes doesn't cut it. It is often my only chance to do something uninterrupted.
Well even though I didn't get a shout out, I'll still leave you a comment. You can skip the shower any time. I'll still hang out with you.
I see that blogging was more important than both - good choice. :)
I'm glad you forgave me for my post earlier this week - it truly would have been a sad way to end our friendship, and would have become the 13th reason I hated 24. And the irony would have just been too great...
Post a Comment