
So here they are, in all their special sunday cuteness. Don't you just love emma's little maroon velvet dress with the girly pink tights? She's sitting there on the floor eating her raisins before everyone got to our house for worsh!p...looking cute and angelic as can be. Then, there's sweet little mantha, smiling at anyone who will give her the time of day, in her brand-new baby booties from mimi and G. Sunday cuteness. What's not to love?In thanksgiving news, lots of you have been wondering if/what we will be doing to celebrate the big day out here. Though we do have a great plan, I'm sorry to say that just today our plan was made a tad less magnificient, due to some unexplained glitch on the part of the import store owners who were supposed to be ordering the ham and turkey for us. The turkey will be here on time (ie, today) but the ham, the yummy, salty, sweet, tasty ham will not be here at all. I know that most people think thanksgiving is about turkey, but for me, it's really the ham that makes it worthy of a feast. Ham. Ham leftovers. Cold ham. Warmed ham. Ham sandwiches. Can you really go wrong with ham? Oh well...maybe next year. Anyway, accompanying our ham, Rachel and I have planned quite a spread: stuffing, mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, dinner rolls, pecan pie, apple cake, hello dollies, and a cheesecake ball. Can thursday come any faster???
One of the benefits of parenthood is that I have now officially joined the ranks of people whose homes and refrigerators are wallpapered with toddler-scribbling masterpieces.
Even today, Emma's activity was helping us get ready for thanksgiving by coloring a turkey and a cornicopia (I tried to get her to pronounce it, but it came out "corn-a-na-na-pe-o-pi-de-o" or something like that). Truly, is this not great? There was so much zeal going into each of those little scribbles. I loved watching her chunky little fingers try to add color to the shoes, the banana, and various other objects she can identify. My thanksgiving heart was warmed as I taped her little drawing to toilet paper rolls so they could be proudly displayed next to the dinner spread come thursday. And in the thanksgiving spirit, we decided that mantha's first taste of "real-ish" food will come on thanksgiving day, thanks to another gift of a bib that reads, "Baby's first thanksgiving." I guess I figured if I didn't use it now, I'd have to wait until #3! :) so, we've been trying to prep her for the big day by giving her short amounts of play time in her new high chair! Ok, well I have a cute pic of mantha sitting in her high chair, feeling all happy and like a big girl, but blogger is freaking out on me and it wont post...so until next time, think happy thanksgiving thoughts! yum yum!
3 comments:
Rachel - I went through eggroll blog withdrawls - as I hadn't heard an update from you in a while!
The girls are SO cute! And I am so proud of Emma's Thanksgiving creation!
Is her creation sitting on your new PBarn Table? Looks pretty sweet! We need a close up of that table!
Sounds like you guys will have quite the feast come Thursday! Yum!
I too was having eggroll blog withdrawl so was especially pleased to get these pictures and news. I am really a Thanksgiving girl and so we will have the traditional Thanksgiving meal twice....once in Kansas with Ian's family and again on Christmas Day here in Georgia.
The children are darling in their Sunday meeting clothes.
This will be the first Christmas in 7 years that all three of my children have been together on Christmas, so I am really looking forward to getting out and sharing all the pictures of them in holiday's gone by.
Emma's table decorations are great.
Have a wonderful holiday:)
Love you
Marilyn
Go Emma! Way to color! They are so cute in their "Sunday best."
Sorry to hear about the ham. I don't like ham so much the day of Thanksgiving, but I love it afterwards - for "fried ham" sandwiches. And what are hello dollies?
Good luck on all your cooking endeavours! You are a brave woman - I still let my mama and grandma handle the cooking, but I do help!!
Post a Comment