Tuesday, February 17, 2009

beach bums?

My stories, going back and forth from place to place, are they confusing you?  I'm sorry...

I'm just trying to get all these pictures and stuff posted before baby comes, so I'm bouncing around a bit.  These pictures are from our time in southern t-land, during part of our time with friends.  Our hotel is located on a beach...don't think "hawaii" beach...but there is sand, and there is water.  It's located in such a way from the hotel that I could reasonably prevent my kids from ever seeing the sand, and therefore never asking to go to the beach...

...so that's what I did.  =)

Fortunately for E & S, thanks to wade and helen, they got a trip to the "beach" after all.  One evening before dinner, they invited us to go seashell hunting with them and their older children.  If I could only describe how happy my kids were! (they didn't even know there was a beach! hahaha)

At first, Samantha didn't want to step off the concrete.  The sand felt "weird" on her toes, she said...

...but I guess she got used to it.  
They enjoyed rummaging through the sand looking for treasures:
Emma found a billion shells that all qualified as "treasures".  At helen's nudging, I relented and let emma choose 5 of her favorites to keep.
This year didn't leave us much free time at the beach, so maybe next year we'll go all out and find a great beach place.  But for now, we'll always have those 5 shells....

No comments: