Sunday, February 01, 2009

boxes!!!

We have been so blessed and so happy and so excited with all the boxes that family and friends sent us and the girls this holiday season!  It's hard to express just how fun it is to open a package from America - even for Josh and I - but for the girls, it's like the highlight of the day!
 One of the most recent boxes we got was from josh's sister, and it was almost as tall as the girls!  Since I haven't sent her the pictures yet on CD (but I will...you believe me, right???) I'm going to post some of the good ones here.  Plus, this box-opening ceremony has my new favorite picture of the girls, but you'll have to wait til the end...

Waiting...waiting...the excitement is very clear, yeah?

And then, after opening the box, they discovered that inside was tons of wrapped presents!  Wow, they thought that was great!
What a stash!  (Those pepperonis at the bottom look beautiful to me!)
Samantha opens the first one...
These are pillowcases with "Big Sis" and "Lil Sis" on them...but they have been most recently used at our house as pretend towels.  Whenever our kids get a whim to take their day clothes off, they prance around the house with these wrapped around them!
These coke bottles were SO cute!  I loved looking at them...and loved drinking them even more!  Aaaaah, coke from America speaks love to my heart!
The next present was a box of beautiful looking handmade soap!  Bubble baths just got an upgrade...
...they smelled even better than they looked!
Everyone wanted in on the smelling action (except daddy)...
But, when you're three, even Daddy needs your help to open his present!
And the baby needs help opening her presents (one of the benefits of being big sisters to a baby, I guess!)
They loved looking through all the tiny clothes...

But the most popular present in this box is...
...these sleeping bags!  Oh my...what a fun thing for them!  They rolled around on the floor for a LONG time.
...and made silly faces...
...and basked in the glory of a new sleeping bag. 
And...ta-da...my new favorite picture:
Thanks, Aunt Kristen!  You made our day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW
I love all the pics but especially the last one....
That one is a forever prize.
Love you all
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I totally thought of you when I saw those cokes in Walmart. =)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Marilyn--that last picture should be sent to the sleeping bag to advertise. Think about it--you might as well make some money from those beautiful kids and the sleeping bags. They are just darling pictures. Nana