I'm taking the girls to the park. Rest. Sleep. Do whatever you want. Have a great time. Bye!
1. Take a shower. A very long and a very hot shower. Never get out.
2. When you do get out, eat breakfast. By yourself.
3. Read emails and news while eating breakfast (courtesy of our recent addition, wireless internet). Think about writing emails.
4. Wash dishes. Seriously.
5. Remember to kiss hubby when he comes home for these hours of quiet.
Things are good here - abby is being a great little one for me! I fed her last night and put her down at 11. She woke up at 3 to eat, then woke up at 6 and slept all the rest of the time. Yeah!
Even though she's only 4 days old, she looks about a month old. Gone is the frail, breakable, newborn look. No, even when she was born she didn't look very fragile. She's a sturdy little baby. Not chunky, not fat. Just sturdy. =)
The funny thing about having a baby overseas is that AFTER your baby is born, you don't just get to lay on your couch and chill. After the baby starts a tiny mound of paperwork and logistical challenges...
...get the birth certificate translated...
...take your day-old baby to the photo shop to get passport pictures taken...
...go to the US Consulate to start the process of getting her passport...
...waiting and waiting and waiting in line at the consulate to get said passport...
Thankfully I have a very organized and detail-oriented husband who cheerfully and completely takes these responsibilities upon himself. All I have to is hold the baby and show up at the appointments he tells me to show up at. It's a great thing. Have I said enough good things about my husband recently?! They're all true, if you're wondering...
Ok, well I'm afraid my few hours of peace are almost over and I've only started one measly email.
I have a scant few pictures of emma's birthday party to post soon (um, yes...that would be the birthday party that was held in my hospital room) and I promise more will come of abby too!
8 comments:
What a great post. I'm not sure I would have gotten out of the shower! Ahhh...silence.
CONGRATS on your new addition! Sounds like you're whole birth experience went well! Can't wait to see new pics!
Sounds great, Rach! Glad you got some peace and quiet and time to snuggle that new little sweet one! Hope the paperwork comes through quickly . . . miss you friend!
Love,
Rachel
It is wonderful to have a husband that does all that Josh does! I am so thankful for him. I am blessed to be married to someone who does the same type of things for me. :)
We all can't wait to see pics of Emma's party and of Abby..but, we want to see Mantha and Daddy and Mom. :)
Our turtle doves came back again this year to have their babies. So..we wake up to their cooing and it just doesn't bother me a bit. She, I guess, is the one that sits there on those eggs. You know you are not sane when you are happy to see the turtle doves every morning..but I am. :)
It shows...doesn't it? Missing all of you. Sorry! We love you.
Mom
It is wonderful to have a husband that does all that Josh does! I am so thankful for him. I am blessed to be married to someone who does the same type of things for me. :)
We all can't wait to see pics of Emma's party and of Abby..but, we want to see Mantha and Daddy and Mom. :)
Our turtle doves came back again this year to have their babies. So..we wake up to their cooing and it just doesn't bother me a bit. She, I guess, is the one that sits there on those eggs. You know you are not sane when you are happy to see the turtle doves every morning..but I am. :)
It shows...doesn't it? Missing all of you. Sorry! We love you.
Mom
I don't know Rach, sounds like a fair trade. Put up with Passports vs. put up with Parents. Stand in-laws vs. stand in-line. Let a strange part of the world entertain you and the family vs. entertaining the entire (strange) world with your family. Being left alone vs LEAVE ME ALONE!!! I think maybe you broke the code without the help of Nick Cage. Sneak off to a cool part of the world, have a beautiful, healthy (sturdy) baby girl, and yet give us back in AMurrahCa glimpses of the whole deal...just enough to make us a part. How does the old rhetorical, sarcastic saying go? "Does a bear birth in the woods?" Well, actually, I think they do...I think they go off by themselves to hatch those little bear bottoms...then the next step is, you go to the top of the mountain, and hold up the little 'lioness' for the whole world to admire...just like in the movies. But in today's techno environment (Lion King is SO last week) you just hold up the little buggar on top of the BLOGSPOT, and let all the jackals and jackettes (I wasn't sure if grammatically the feminine form needed to be 'ettes' or 'esses' but I felt like 'ettes' was the safe call)...let's see where was I...oh yeah, let all of us admire the wonder of birth and all that came after (excluding the ACTUAL afterbirth) in brilliant technocolor (NOW we're talking old school). So keep the pics posting, the bloggers blabbing, and the overzealous overseas. Speaking of movies, don't forget Doris Day (movie name: Abby) who starred in the 1968 comedy classic "With Six You Get Eggroll"......so.....
Eggroll Mama.....are you still one short???????
Just askin'...
Love,
G
I don't know Rach, sounds like a fair trade. Put up with Passports vs. put up with Parents. Stand in-laws vs. stand in-line. Let a strange part of the world entertain you and the family vs. entertaining the entire (strange) world with your family. Being left alone vs LEAVE ME ALONE!!! I think maybe you broke the code without the help of Nick Cage. Sneak off to a cool part of the world, have a beautiful, healthy (sturdy) baby girl, and yet give us back in AMurrahCa glimpses of the whole deal...just enough to make us a part. How does the old rhetorical, sarcastic saying go? "Does a bear birth in the woods?" Well, actually, I think they do...I think they go off by themselves to hatch those little bear bottoms...then the next step is, you go to the top of the mountain, and hold up the little 'lioness' for the whole world to admire...just like in the movies. But in today's techno environment (Lion King is SO last week) you just hold up the little buggar on top of the BLOGSPOT, and let all the jackals and jackettes (I wasn't sure if grammatically the feminine form needed to be 'ettes' or 'esses' but I felt like 'ettes' was the safe call)...let's see where was I...oh yeah, let all of us admire the wonder of birth and all that came after (excluding the ACTUAL afterbirth) in brilliant technocolor (NOW we're talking old school). So keep the pics posting, the bloggers blabbing, and the overzealous overseas. Speaking of movies, don't forget Doris Day (movie name: Abby) who starred in the 1968 comedy classic "With Six You Get Eggroll"......so.....
Eggroll Mama.....are you still one short???????
Just askin'...
Love,
G
P.S. If your mom can post the same droning comment twice, so can I.
G
P.S.S. I've got to go now. I have to go outside, find a rock, and shut those irritating doves up. ;)
G Again
Post a Comment