Sunday, February 22, 2009

finally!!!

You may be wondering if the "finally" means we finally have internet or if we "finally" have a baby...

and the answer is both!  

Yay!!  I feel sad that I'm letting so many of you know so far after the fact - we've had communication issues with both phones and computers, so please know none of you were slighted.  I'm at a friend's house bumming off her internet so this will be short, but here's a few of the highlights:

Abby Lynell Eggroll was NOT born on emma's birthday (the 21st)!  I'd been having regular but not terribly strong contractions most of the day (the 20th) but wasn't sure how everything would turn out.  She was born with just a couple of hours to spare, at 9:54pm on February 20th.  We had planned a pizza and movie party with some other kids that are here, so we headed to the party at 6:00 and wondered how long I'd last...

We left the kids at the party with pizza, cookies and the new movie Bolt and were at the hospital by 7:30...

...and by 9:54 she was here!  (More details will be supplied later, for those avid birth-story fans)

She was...drumroll please...you will not believe this...I couldn't believe it myself...NINE POUNDS and 12 OUNCES!  Whoa!  I was...um...shocked.  I think she was 23 inches, but I'm not exactly sure.  

Josh was my best ever friend and companion, as usual, and I swear that  I could never have a baby if he wasn't next to me the whole time.  I don't have enough money or enough possessions or enough love to say thank you in a big enough way to my fab husband.  

Here's a few pictures - more to come later:

Josh cutting the cord:

The happy, relieved and tired parents:
She looks just like emma and mantha did when they were born...but with a bit of her own look too, I guess:
The next morning, josh went to go get big sisters to come up to the hospital.  They were so excited!
So much to learn about little babies!

Anyway, I've just got a few minutes to post this, so I don't have time to check my mail or get back to lots of you...but we love you!  =)  And I miss being in communication - when did I start living and dying by internet access???!

The birth experience was really good, the hospital was great, everything went as smoothly as it possibly could have gone - praise the lord!  We've got no complaints, and a sweet new baby at home!

Thanks for praying for us!








15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

We are so excited for you all and praise HIM for precious little (or not so little) Abby! I'm so GLAD that everything went smoothly and just couldn't be more thrilled for you all. She is so beautiful and I am so impressed at how fast you went, Rach! Way to go!!! You did it!! (Ok, with Josh's help!)

Love, love, love,
Rachel

PS Come home soon so we can hold that new little precious bundle!

Morello Madness said...

YIPPEE!!

I guess you have a good reason for not responding to my last few emails... ;) She's precious, Rach! I can't wait to see her! Come home soon!!

I love you, friend!
~ Aim

O Fam said...

SOOOO happy for the eggroll fam!! And WOW....you are quite a woman! Blessings upon the sweet new Abby!
Much love to you all...

Anonymous said...

so i guess abby mow didn't make the cut....??? I was all for it...haha Can't wait to see pics!!! love you


love katie

Brandon and April said...

Abby is already so gorgeous like her mama and big sisters! You are all GLOWING in these pictures! Love them! We're so excited for you!
Welcome Abby!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congratulations friends! Way to be, Josh! Can't wait to hear all the details. Get some sleep while you can, though...I can wait. =)

And I agree with Rachel - come home soon so I can hold Abby! BWAHAHA! Now we have another reason to come visit..

love ya!

Michael & Autumn said...

Congratulations!!! We are thrilled for you all. We're so thankful Abby has arrived safe and sound... and she does look JUST like her sisters! The picture of mom and her 3 girls is priceless. :) We love you all!

The C family

Anonymous said...

So exciting to finally..see that beautiful baby Abby. I pulled out my picture of when Emma was born in Thailand and you and I were holding her..and Abby does look like Emma.
I am so proud of you having all these babies au natural. And, Josh, "Ditto" on the fact that you are wonderful to Rach and the girls.
Now..all I have to do is find a way to come spoil my grandchildren.
My smiles were huge today..all the people at our business asked about Abby..they'd heard she was a "bigger" baby. All I could say..without too many tears..was I haven't seen her..I don't know what she looks like..but, she is healthy and finally here and Rach is good. What more did I really ask for?
It's like that song..."How Could I Ask for More?" Truly blest. A grandmother 3 times. Life is GREAT!I Love You..MOM

Anonymous said...

Congratulations eggroll family! Wow, Rachel, you ARE the woman. Abby is beautiful and I can't wait to hear more about the birth story. I'm so happy for you that it all happened pretty quickly. Love to all! Brigitte

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Kudos to Abby on her timely arrival of not stealing her big sister's birthday =) I am inspired by your quick labor and hope that labor #3 will go so smoothly on our end. So happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

Wow that was fast! You should go for a fourth so you can try to improve that time. HA! Can't wait to hear your birth story!

Anonymous said...

Woohooooo!! Congratulations guys! Praise Him for a healthy baby girl! Love you guys!

Swirl Girl said...

she does look like the other girls... and still a unique little darling. You are still my natural childbirth hero... I can't wait to see more pics.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, You are incredible. Abby looks like Emma when she was born. I cant believe how much Emma looks like you now. Josh, I am proud of you helping Rachel so much. Sorry about being out numbered. I understand the feeling at my house. All 3 girls look so cute with Rachel in the picture. GiGi Carollo

Jennifer said...

Wow! Congratulations! You are one good momma. I can't wait to read your birth story. (yes, I'm one of those who love them!)