well, even though it's been a few days, we're still here and only have two girls in our family!
We went to the doc today and he said everything is still looking good. Officially, I am one week away from my due date, but who really keeps track of due dates? As long as the baby doesn't come on Valentine's Day or Emma's birthday, I think I'll be ok.
The doc did say today, "If you walk a lot, maybe baby will come early." So I put josh on bedtime duty and went out this evening for a 40 minute walk. (I did end up coming home with two new shirts and a present for a friend, but hey, that's half the fun of a walk, right?)
While we're waiting on Abby, I'm going to try to post some pictures of our fun times in t-land so far. This installment will focus on the random things we like about coming to thailand. (Perhaps in previous years I have said "love" thailand...maybe it is my old age, or my growing family, but I've downgraded to "like" thailand. Dont' get me wrong - I still have a great time, but all things in moderation! Two months doesn't feel like moderation and has me missing my own home right now!)
Anyway, on to a few cute pictures -
Pink Taxis: emma thinks they are the bomb. They really only have them in bangkok, but still, that's enough for her. When we get a pink taxi, her world lights up. It's great.
Sleeping in: or at least, not having someone knock on your door at 8:15 (even if that person is there to clean your house and cook all your meals). There's something very pleasant about lounging around in bed in the morning...especially when you get to lounge next to things as cute as this:
Swimming: yeah! what's not to love about warm water?!? Our first 10 days in t-land were in places where the pool was warm and right by the ocean. To get ready for abby's birth, we've relocated up more north where the water just doesn't get as warm...in fact, it's downright chilly! But here's a few pics from the warm waters of southern thailand:
Reading: aaah, it's great. Emma is reading Little House in the Big Woods, Josh is reading The Translator (a great memoir of a tribesman from Darfur who translated for reporters and other aid agencies doing work there) and mama (not pictured) is reading Sense and Sensibility (picked up at a used bookstore for a couple of bucks). We've read hundreds of pages between us - and more, if you count all that I've read to my kids!
The internet is kind of slow, but I'll try to post more for you in the next few days. My personal hope/guess/bet was that Abby would come on February 10...but since that has come and gone (even for those of you in USA), any guesses anyone??? February 14 and 21 are off limits - so don't guess those!
4 comments:
The pictures are wonderful--what beautiful girls and how fortunate you are to have married someone who reads and is happy for you to read. I am glad you have a few weeks of just chillin'--I talked to Marilyn last night--she says she opens your blog every morning with her coffee--gives herself to recover from tears of pleasure --before she heads for work. I am not signing Abby up for any particular day --but every day will be a good choice. Love you--Nana
Love Sense and Sensability! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying Thailand. I'm a little sick this evening (read: Theraflu) so I grabbed the computer and have snuggled up to your blog. Love it! I'm guessing Feb. 16th. Hang in there beautiful Momma!
Can't wait to one day soon open up your blog and read of the arrival!!! Have fun!! Love you guys!
Emmylou says hello, and she thinks Abby will be here on the 17th!
Post a Comment