Emma, at four-and-a-half:
- loves reading by herself - and is very good at it!
- loves reading to samantha.
- still hates mushrooms.
- prefers running, as fast as possible, to any other means of transportation.
- likes to pick up (literally) other children.
- loves writing letters and notes.
- wears pink whenever possible.

- can read more asianese than her mama.
- is a slow and picky eater.
- ...except if dessert is being served.
- loves to ask taxi drivers and strangers if they believe in Jesus.
- prays diligently and persistently for many of her unbelieving friends.
- must wear a belt when she leaves the house.

- favorite foods: grilled cheese sandwiches, peanut butter and syrup sandwiches
- sleeps with her mouth open.
- sleeps with her blanket (from josh's parents), a green bunny (from my parents) and her stuffed white polar bear every night.
- prefers headbands, but occasional ponytails will do.
- hates getting her fingers dirty.
- likes joking with daddy in asianese.
- loves animals of all kinds, especially dogs and cats.
- is a great big sister to Abby.
- loves the color violet (often subject to interpretation).
- has a great laugh.
- has hair like her mama's - curly and frizzy.
- is sometimes shy with people she doesn't know.
- enjoys going to preschool.
- is loved by her family!
Recent Quotes:
- on Daddy's ability to fix the pedal that had fallen off her bike:
"Wow, Daddy is so strong! His muscles are so big! I can't even see my muscles!"
- after mixing up two different movies:
"Buzz Lightyear, m!ss!on@ry!" (instead of "Buzz Lightyear to Mission Control")
- encouraging me when I was opening the bottle of nail polish:
"Try your best, mommy. The Lord is with you."
6 comments:
LOVE this post! Seriously, a belt?
yeah, the belt.
It's a self-imposed thing. If I were imposing it, it would actually go INSIDE the beltloops of the jeans. But, since its her idea, it MUST go on over her clothes. ("That way, everyone can see it," she tells me.)
And, if it's sparkly, all the better...
=)
Wow..now I feel like I know my beautiful Emma a little better. She is so hilarious to me.
The belt thing is too funny..well, actually most of this is funny...but enlightening. I know when we buy for Emma..it pretty much has to be "pink." But I am so happy to read all these other things.
Please tell Miss Emma..she made her Mimi's heart very happy today. :) We love you, Rach and those precious eggrolls.
Well Rachie: You have helped me know so much about Emma. I just love her--I love her belt idea--and I love her "God is with you." Your blog is such a source of joy for me right now--there are so many many "right now things to do in our household" that I have to take a blog break and have my heart lifted about my three little girls. Write on, honey--I need your joy. Nana
She must be fashionable just like her sister because wearing the belt outside the shirt is all the rage now days. check any of the fashion mags. I support it 100%. She is too cute with all those quotes. Maybe when I am having trouble with something, I will think of Emma saying, "The Lord is with you, Katie." I love you guys
katie
One of my favorite all-time posts, ever! Loved it.
Post a Comment