Abby is diving into finger foods these days. We're up to banana, wheat bread, steamed carrots, and avocado so far. She especially loves those little Gerber Puffs, which I bought in bulk on taobao.
You'll notice I use the clothing-free painting method for eating, too. Pretty much, my kids don't ever wear clothes. (Yes, I'm kidding.)
In case you're rusty on how to begin eating finger foods, Abby would like to give you a step-by-step demonstration. Step 1: Locate the tasty morsel.
Step 2: Try to get your grubby fingers around it. If it's a banana, it will take extra work.
Step 3: Put in your mouth. This may be made more difficult if your fine motor skills haven't developed enough to know that you should get your fingers out of the way.
Step 4:Leave it there for a moment. Swish it around with your tongue to bring out the subtle flavors and textures. Savor the bite. (and also throw a glance at mom, who is again sitting on the floor to take pictures)
Step 5: Giggle with success! Food, glorious food! Ask for more. Repeat steps 1-5.
[Authors note: If I quit feeding her, will she stop growing so fast?]
Step 2: Try to get your grubby fingers around it. If it's a banana, it will take extra work.
Step 3: Put in your mouth. This may be made more difficult if your fine motor skills haven't developed enough to know that you should get your fingers out of the way.
Step 4:Leave it there for a moment. Swish it around with your tongue to bring out the subtle flavors and textures. Savor the bite. (and also throw a glance at mom, who is again sitting on the floor to take pictures)
Step 5: Giggle with success! Food, glorious food! Ask for more. Repeat steps 1-5.
[Authors note: If I quit feeding her, will she stop growing so fast?]
3 comments:
she is SO CUTE! Seriously, a beautiful baby girl!
Adorable! I remember those days... and don't blame you at all for going without the clothing. No need for extra mess!
Another little pretty eggroll. :)
She needs some spoiling from both of her grandmothers and grandfathers and so on. And just so you know...I was stupid and always made you wear a bib. You're doing it the right way. I love you!
Mom
Post a Comment