Saturday, October 24, 2009

to infinity and beyond

Two or three months ago, I saw Toy Story2 at a local movie store and picked it up.  [Note: While I recommend Toy Story2 for children, I personally do not like and am disturbed at several parts in the first Toy Story.]

We had such a fun time watching it as a family, and it quickly became the favorite movie.  As is often the case with new movies, it also quickly became incorporated into pretend play.  The girls would take turns being Buzz (there are usually spats about who gets to be the "real" Buzz and who has to be the "fake Buzz), Jessie, the aliens, etc.  

I found a Toy Story2 book in our local bookstore a few weeks ago, and it too has become a precious commodity.  

We've watched the Toy Story3 trailers many, many times - have you?!  It's SO stinkin funny.  I, for one, can't wait for June 2010! Yes, I am a full-grown woman.  Yes, I was just barely in high school when the first toy story came out.  But who's really counting?  You know you like the toy story movies too.  Let's not judge each other.  You MUST watch the trailer.  It will be good for you.  

One little activity I found on the toy story website was to make your own buzz.  It included printables that required lots of small cutting, but we forged ahead.  

They turned out pretty good, and the girls really liked adding their own characters to their buzz paper.  
Later that evening, we took a walk outside - it was a perfect day!  We've had several of those lately.  

What is this, you ask?

This is Buzz Lightyears.  Two of them.  Going to infinity and beyond.  That's how we walk these days.  
Particularly Samantha, who has perfected the outstretched arms position.  

To infinity and beyond, folks.  

3 comments:

Brandon and April said...

I recognize that large contraption behind the Buzz Lightyears! :)
I've ALWAYS loved Toy Story! Truly one of my favs!

mlambchopper said...

Watched the trailer, and I loved it. I still plan on us having those movies available to you (in 3D) when you come home.

I've always loved Toy Story, too! It makes me want to send the Mrs. Potato Head that daddy got the girls when they were here.

Please video the girls doing their best "Buzz Lightbee!" I love this blog..just makes me so happy that...I'll have to start sending Toy Story things to the girls. :) Remember...we filmed many of your plays and they are "priceless."
Love you, precious mama eggroll.
Mom

Rachel said...

TOO cute! I haven't watched Toy Story since I had a child, but you're right - there are some pretty rotten parts in it..and now I'm trying to remember if I ever saw 2 or not...I think so but I don't remember it. I'll have to remember that it's toddler friendly!