Friday, October 23, 2009

samantha - three years, plus a little

Samantha, at three years:
  • loves to pretend that she is Buzz Lightyear.
  • has a very tender heart and cries at just a mean word spoken to her.
  • has a very tender heart and loves to share and give to anyone who needs it.
  • speaks with a slight lisp.
  • succeeded in begging me to start reading lessons with her.
  • loves trying to write her name.
  • believes that "moke" is the past tense of "make".
  • will eat any fruit or vegetable in large quantities.
  • rides her bike like a speed demon.
  • doesn't love chocolate as much as the rest of us, but just eats enough to fit in.
  • sleeps with a pink blanket (from pops and nonna), a mickey doll and a minnie doll every night.
  • has perfect hair.  It makes even me jealous.
  • answers every asianese question the same way: "yes!" (Even if she doesn't know what it is!)
  • gets tired of eating donuts for breakfast.  
  • always enjoys any time she gets to play alone.
  • is thoughtful and generous towards others.
  • gives the best squeeze hugs you've ever received.  
  • still loves yellow, but is slowly gravitating toward shades of pink.
  • loves to pray long and heartfelt prayers.
  • makes up detailed songs in her free time. 
  • is the class favorite at school.  (surprised?)
  • gets scared during Family Pillow Fights and runs to Emma for protection.  
  • still likes holding my hand.
  • stuck a green bean up her nose yesterday.
  • is very matter-of-fact when she disobeys. 
  • has sensitive skin, especially when situations involve dry air, mosquitoes or raw tomatoes.
  • loves her bible memory cd's.
  • could win the Gap Casting Call, don't you think? (It seems we are ineligible, but otherwise I'd be all over it! JS, I hope yours wins since mine can't!)
  • is a loved and treasured child in our home!


Recent Quotes:
  • closing the door to Abby, who was quickly crawling towards their room:
"I'm closing the door to the heavenly kingdom!"

  • while praying for Daddy's travels:
 "Help daddy have wisdom to get on the right bus to take him to his apartment-hotel, and even though we don't know which is the right bus, you know everything and can help so please help him get on the right bus."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mantha is absolutely beautiful! I can't get over it! I hope she has her lisp forever:) and her sweet spirit, of course! I miss all the girls terribly!

love your little sis,
holly

sandra said...

LOVE this post! How sweet is "still loves yellow but is gravitating to shades of pink". Oh my.

mlambchopper said...

Oh..she is such a jewel. When we see her on camera..I cannot quit smiling. I love her singing..I love her gentleness..and I LOVE THE WAY SHE TALKS. We all do!

When we call, everyone wants to just watch her talk and sing. I'm always a little overwhelmed when she sings 2 or 3 verses of Holy, Holy, Holy or Fairest Lord Jesus. All I can say is..my thoughts are just like Holly's...WE MISS THE GIRLS TERRIBLY!! Thank you for feauturing these darling girls.
We love you, Rach!

P.S. Can you just start recording the prayers..for your book??? One of those pull me out of a slump every time!!

Katie said...

I would like to think Samantha is like me...in many ways. Although, I have FAR from perfect hair, I'm not the best sharer.. especially when it comes to food and I don't have a lisp but do rep a mean stutter. We are alike in so many ways though. I am incredibly too tender hearted, cry more than necessary, still ride bikes or roller blades as fast as possible, eat little chocolate, still am matter of fact when I get in trouble, have crazy sensitive skin with many rashes that randomly come and go and while she makes up songs.. I make up the BEST jokes.

She is a mini me in my eyes and I love it. I can't wait to see what Abbs will be like.
love you all :)

Anonymous said...

I had to wait until tonight to get my "eggroll fix"
I love your features on each of the girls....how wonderful!
You have family in GA that love you all much!
Marilyn

Rachel said...

She IS adorable - wow that hair! Ali is almost 3 and her hair isn't nearly that long. But they sound a lot alike in personality! Adorable!