Josh has been busy these days with lots of different stuff, but one of his recent projects has been implementing a new system for studying language.
He was impressed with this language-learning philosophy that he studied a few months ago, and it's been so fun watching him dive-in and tackle this with the zeal and enthusiasm I first noticed in him so many years ago.
I'm not even going to try to explain the philosophy or methods to this, but suffice it to say that involves lots of manipulatives:
He especially likes practicing it with the girls at home:
Even Abby is an eager learner. Actually, she just sees toys and wants in on whatever is happening. The girls love it and feel like they're "playing with daddy".
Even though this new realm of responsibility has taken lots of josh's time and potentially lots of travel, I've felt happy and content that he's able to do something so suited to his gifts and abilities. If you're up for studying asianese with our kitchen toys, come on over!
5 comments:
sounds like fun! Wish I could join. Will he teach me Hindi?
I'll be waiting to learn. :) These pictures are great of Josh with the girls. I am proud of you, Rachie. I know you are busier. :)
I love you.
Momma
I'll play! I'll play! Wait a second...
P.S. Just had to say...Abby's little profile is so cute. I love that picture showing her looking at Josh. What a great dad...to go with the great mom! :)
Momma
Your girls are going to be SOOO smart!!
Post a Comment