seems like it's been all bad news for you these days.
I'm going to spare you my opinions, even though I certainly have my share.
The purpose of this letter is to give you some good news.
A few days ago, I was sitting down to lunch to talk with my house helper about....um, well...about your life.
I told her all the things I'd been reading in the news and how sad I was.
She stared at me blankly.
I kept talking, thinking she was just waiting for me to finish.
She kept staring at me blankly.
Finally, I stopped to clarify a few points.
"You know, tiger w----? The golfer?"
She wasn't sure who I was talking about.
"He's so famous! He wears Nike and drinks Gatorade and plays golf? You don't know who I'm talking about?"
She had no idea. I showed her your picture. She had never seen you before.
In spite of what you read, not everyone knows who you are.
Not everyone is reading your business. Not everyone is watching your life unravel.
You could go to Sweden and hide out, or you could come here. (Though I'd guess that the accommodations are much more luxurious in Sweden.)
And that's all I'm going to say about that.
Praying for a miracle for you and your family,
rachel
4 comments:
I've been waiting for YOU to say something...anything about TIGER. you were like the first thing I thought of when his whole scandal started...
it really is a shame:(
dad has some funny jokes to go along with it, as he always does.
I'm sure he will share on this post.
holly
Well..I'll start because he's on his way to work right now.
I, like Holly, was wondering if you'd do a post on Tiger. I was telling someone just the other day...that Tiger had been a big deal in our family. We tried to watch every tournament he ever played in. If he wasn't in it..it wasn't worth watching. Every so often, I'd run into someone who didn't feel that way. I often, thought, well...they obviously have never seen him in person or don't understand golf or they are just..oblivious.
I remember how excited you were when daddy took you to Ft. Worth and you all saw Tiger in the tournament. Dad relayed all the stories to me again recently. It made me actually kinda sick to my stomach knowing how much we all have loved him.
But, then I remembered. Oh, yeah. Tiger is not a Christian. He does not have the truth instilled in him. Although one should still have a moral baseline upon which to handle life's dilemmas, it hasn't proved helpful for many who do have the LIGHT.
Then, I realized...maybe our LIGHT is not shining bright enough. Maybe we aren't reflecting THE TRUTH and THE WAY enough to point him to the FATHER.
Dad may make jokes, but he does not think this is a laughing matter. I know...I've watched the quietness and numbness that sets in on dad's face every time ESPN and every other station on the planet broadcasts Tiger's every "falling" moment lately.
Like you..I am praying for a "miracle." Maybe the comeback kid, the "genious" golfer of our lifetime, the golfer who keeps winning and winning regardless of the front 9, being behind 9, or pulling out the puts on the final 9...will somehow overcome the greatest obstacles he will ever face. Perhaps his life, those beautiful children and his wife will be salvaged after all. That's my hope..that's my prayer.
In the meantime, I don't even feel like watching golf. Maybe dad and I'll catch a round of the tournament in Maui after Christmas. Perhaps it's time to start rooting for someone I can actually watch without my stomach and my heart feeling sick.
Momma
Rach-
This post cracked me up! I was trying to relay the story to friends and something was lost in the telling.."y friend in asia...who used to like Tiger...was talking to her housekeeper..." oh never mind. But I was still laughing =)
And yes- the whole thing is just sad.
From the comments, I obviously am missing the context of your past love for Tiger, but still agree wholeheartedly.
a) it's horribly sad to watch his life get worse and worse every day.
b) it's yet another example that even the "best" people on this earth that don't know Jesus can and most likely will ruin their lives at some point.
c) I certainly hope that someone, somehow can get through to him with the truth.
Post a Comment