Tuesday, March 17, 2009

flying through the trees

Tuesday is our last day here in this city.  We'll still have a day in Bangkok and then overnight in another city before finally making it home on Friday, but the countdown has officially begun.  Just a few hours left here, so we are happy!  

As the days have dwindled down, we've been checking our lists to make sure we've bought everything we need, met with people we need to meet with, gotten doctor's appointments out of the way, and done all the fun stuff we had planned to do before we left.

One thing was left - a new attraction that came during our 4-year absence from this city - and I, being the great wife that I am, suggested that hubby and some friends try it together.  

It's called "Flight of the Gibbon" and it's basically a mile and half of ziplines and suspension bridges built up high over the rainforest.  Super. Cool.  

We're talking, like 200 feet in the air.  Too bad they don't allow newborns....

Last saturday morning, josh and a couple of friends went out and swung through the trees.  Emma and samantha had a hard time believing that daddy was telling the truth when they found out where he had been, but the video helped convince them...

Josh didn't take his camera, but Mr. P had his and took some pictures and video.  Thanks John and matthew for being so adventurous with josh!

One of the ziplines...flying from tree to tree seems way fun to me!

you want to walk across this, don't you???
Josh said the safety standards were first-rate and truly impressive...

And here it is, my first video upload on blogger.  Maybe this will give you a better idea of what it was like:


Apparantly in the spring rainy season, all the trees and flowers are in full bloom and there's even lots of wildlife (um, like bears...yikes!) roaming around under you while you fly through the trees.  It was about $60, so kind of pricy, but josh said it was great. I can't wait to go again when someone will watch my kiddos for me!  =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed..and I also would've chosen swinging over "the bridge."

I bet the girls really think Josh is a superhero now! What fun..but, I'm so glad you're getting to go home..soon.

I'm sure that "all" the families and friends will feel so much better when you do finally get home...And with your new baby Abby eggroll who is already so loved by God...and by all (as stated above)whose faith I know has been made stronger throughout the months before she arrived safely.

As for me and my house..I'm sure "all" feel the same..we are eagerly awaiting getting to hold her and love on ALL the eggroll family.

As your Papa used to say, "I'll sees ya when I sees ya." :) I love you, Rachel.
Mom