I have no shame in admitting the truth.
I actively recruit my older children to help when Abby is crying.
And - miraculously - whenever they come near to talk to her or (my personal favorite) "share" their toys by stuffing them in her face, she stops crying.
Maybe it's sensory overload - a huge, smiling face within centimeters of her eyes...or heavy toys being thrown on her lap, or loud, giggly voices directing all their attention towards her ears. It doesn't really matter why, I guess, but the result works. She's interested in them. She wants to look at them and follow their spastic movements all around the room. She likes being near them.
Here, samantha is "sharing" a huge and heavy rolling toy. Abby loves it. Eyes wide open, drinking in all the sensations. (isn't she cute in her styling baby gap clothes from andy & nat?)
I love how abby is scoping out mantha in this picture:


4 comments:
This is so sweet. Abby's outfit is precious too! I'm lovin' all the pink.
This is just the darlingest baby and I am an authority on baby girls. Of course she l oves to watch Emma and Samantha--that is why the third child in a family learns so much so early--big sisters to teach them. The girlw will be such a big help for youand obviously Abby already knows them. Sudh sweet babies, R & J Na
She already looks so grown up! That new baby stage didn't last long.
Being a third girl in my family, I totally concur with R & J Na. She is spot on..and she's also right about these three little girls being so darling. Will you ask Emma and Samantha if they will hug on Abby for Mimi and G? And, that we miss them and love them so very much? Big sisters are the best. You also should know that..you entertained Holly and Katie from day one and they adored you.
One of Holly's first words was Yachel followed by Racho.: )
We'll hope the girls won't mind when Abby takes off with their treasures when she's older. You were a GREAT big sister..and still reflect such a wonderful value system for them both.
We love you,
Mom
Post a Comment