Monday, March 09, 2009

third child syndrome

It's not that I don't think abby's cute...or that I don't WANT to take her picture...it's just that finding those moments where she's happy and everyone else in my family is occupied enough to take pictures are few and far between.  

But, last night at the dinner table - not the most convenient of places - abby was wide awake and happy totally content in her daddy's arms.  So I put down my fork and picked up my camera, afraid I'll make it to her 3-month birthday with no pictures of her.  =(

As soon as Josh picked her up last night, he gave her a coo and she gave him a smile.  What?!  It wasn't even a gassy smile...it totally seemed like the real thing.  I feed the girl 8 times a day, hold her for hours in the middle of the night, and I don't get any smiles!  I didn't get the pictures of the smiles, but I thought these were cute anyway:

We're already trying to teach her stand.  We have high expectations for our kids...

happiness is a daddy who loves you:


hey rikki - do you recognize the old navy ladybugs she's sporting?  =)

We'll go to the consulate tomorrow to see if her passport is ready - we're praying it will be! - and then maybe we can get home soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures, Rach! I especially loved the "standing" ones with her cute little soft feet and the slightly cross-eyed look that is so typical of newborns. She is so darling, thanks for sharing the pictures!

We hope the passport will be ready soon and you can travel again! We miss you!

Love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Rach..
I love these pictures, too. I just love how Josh lets your little girls be so girly! :)

You were so funny..I dressed you in girly stuff as long as I could. But, you did not like anything that was itchy or scratchy..which they weren't..but, you thought they were. You liked things that were cute like Old Navy stuff or Gymboree..before they had them.

You know how Holly always liked her Princess Dresses and glitter shoes and patent leather shoes..of any color. You did NOT like that kind of stuff. Your Barbies did..you certainly didn't mind them looking all prissy. :)
Although..your fav. was the Rocker Barbie that had the Cassette Tape that you played ALL the time!

You were such an entertaining little girl and so full of ideas and always had "fun" plans..I'd say that is EXACTLY how you still are.

We love you and we are praying for you to get outa there..although we personally loved our 16 days there. :) Thinking of you..wishing we could love on you and your girls..
Mom

Anonymous said...

What sweet photos. I actually don't have many photos of our little guy when he was a wee little one. I was having a lot of feeding issues so that kind of kept me distracted. I do cherish what I do have. Next time, I'll do better!

jkent said...

She's beautiful Rach!

Anonymous said...

of course i recognize that cute little onsie! we're hoping we don't need it back! (ha ha) we're looking to purchase more masculine clothing this time around. keep your fingers crossed for us!

rikki