So the next morning when we woke up, we were one step closer to solving our housing dilemma.
While the girls were at school, I cut a drawbridge door and a window in the sides of the box, and during lunch we discussed ideas for how we'd paint it. I make a diligent effort to let my children create things on their own, with as little intrusion from me as possible - but I also try to get them to think ahead and have a general idea about what they're aiming for.
Emma started painting the door with purple-yellow swish and samantha tackled the window:
How many times I have I said that I love taking pictures of kids painting?
This door was all Emma, zero mom:
Samantha's window started to take on a creepy halloweenish look, what with all the red paint dripping down. (In an effort to salvage the greenery, we later turned the red drips into berries on a bush.)
On Emma's second side, she wanted to create a garden. I wasn't quite sure what she had in mind, but I was pleased that she had a plan and could envision it. I was amazed at the garden she turned out. It was lovely!
I loved the differing heights of the flowers, and even the unusual blooms on the flowers - not your typical little five-petal-my-mom-doesn't-know-how-to-draw-a-flower flower. The dirt at the bottom was also her idea.
Samantha's next side was making a rainbow. We had a fun time mixing the red and yellow together because we had no orange. After lots of mixing, we had plenty of orange!
Here are Samantha's two final sides:
And Emma's two final sides:
nice work, ladies! I was SO impressed and really pleased at how it turned out. We still had to wait for this to dry before adding the finishing touches...
2 comments:
I am so impressed by these 2 sweet young ladies. Hmm..you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be flowers in my yard by the time you come home. :)
You all loved just playing in a huge box...I never thought about making it into a princess house. :(
What good hours of time, hard work, and dedication to these young ladies and little Abby. They will pay off. I can tell you this..we're all ready to reap the rewards and see you all! :)
We love you, Rachel. And, all the eggrolls get praying time daily. :)
Mom
I LOVE IT!!!!!:)
The art teacher in me is just GLOWING and tingling with this fab production!
And think of all the fun princess/dress up time ahead:)
Love you all
Marilyn
Post a Comment