Tuesday, October 20, 2009

affordable housing for all, part 3

Let me start this final installment by saying this:

I recently read something that said - There are no new ideas.  Creativity is just taking other people's ideas and making them better.  

I really agree with this and have seen it unfold in my giftings.  I rarely have new ideas, but I love looking at other people's ideas and changing them a bit here, tweaking that, adding this...that sort of thing.  This method is great, but looking at other people's ideas is the spark that gets it all started. 

So I post pictures and stories and ideas for two reasons, 1) I want to save all these memories for myself and 2) so that other people can see what we do and tweak it for themselves.  I'm not trying to showcase myself or my kids, but just hope that these things might give you some ideas when you want to do something fun or unusual.  

Ok, now that that's over, let's finish this housing project:

We added a glittery-paper-covered wrapping paper roll with gold ribbon to serve as the top of the castle...

...and made princess crowns.



I have loved watching them come up with creative ways to play with the castle, and it seems that every new child who comes to our house adds a new twist on how to use it.  Abby loves crawling inside and pulling up to look out the window, the girls like using it to crawl inside and read books, and have decorated the inside walls with drawings and notes.  Crack me up!

So there you have it.  Affordable housing for princesses.  End of Story.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great memories you are making with the girls. Loved the story Gigi

Brandon and April said...

so cute! and you're right...thank you for posting this because it does give me great ideas for some day when Eden is old enough to trust with a paint brush! :)

Love finally seeing a pic of YOU on the blog!

Anonymous said...

affordable housing indeed:)
and super creative experience that made wonderful memories.....
love you
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

have you created any plays or short skits for them to perform yet? that's your next mission rach. just like you used to do for katie and me. :)
much love from maui,
holly