The four girls - Emma, Samantha and BFF's Clara Anne and Chloe - usually play together so happily when Thursday-switched-to-Wednesday playdates roll around.
That's why I was so surprised when Emma ran to the living room to find me, with big fat tears streaming down her cheeks. She was so choked up, I couldnt' even make out the words she was saying for a long while. Finally, after calming down just a notch, these are the vulnerable, unadulterated-pain words that came out of her mouth:
"Mama, but no one wants to marry me!"
Apparantly, Clara and Samantha had joined forces and were staging a pretend wedding, leaving Emma out in the proverbial dust. (Chloe, who was interested in "marrying" Emma was also left out - but Emma conveniently chose to ignore that fact.) No amount of cajoling could change the minds of Clara and Samantha - much like their own mother when she was 18 years old... =)
Again, Emma tearfully asked, "But who will marry me?"
In the end, the solution involved Emma being a pretend cat of the newlywed couple, and once she got down on all fours and started mewing, there was peace again.
Marital bliss is hard to achieve, I tell you.
3 comments:
Ah hahahaha! I loved how you wrote it...made me laugh out loud! Oh, the drama!
That's hilarious!! Poor girl...those feelings of fear of no one left to marry you aren't supposed to come until at least...the age of 10!! :)
btw - I got married at 19 - and loved it! We have more in common than just our names, I see!
Well..I wish my name was Rachel. :)
I'll break the chain, ok?
Watching your little girls made me think about this post. What happy and fun little creative dollies they are. :)
I'm about to say..is there a girl out there w/o drama? Watching our videos of you growing up, you were a lot like Emma. I loved when she said, "I have a big brain." Yowza..you won't hear that coming outa my mouth. :)
I find notebooks or scratch pads sometimes that say things like
(1)boy I'm going to marry (2)number of children I'm going to have (3)places I'm going on my honeymoon...Hawaii always made the list for all 3 daughters.:)
(1)The boy's names were different.
(2) The number of children and opting for boy/girl were different..though I think all of you at some time..said twin boys or girls.
But,it's just fun looking at those notepads I find now..and then watching Emma and Samantha "recreating" moments for me. :)
As I was about to close my eyes to sleep last night, I thought about nana and how she endured all my...DRAMA. It was at that moment, I dedided nana should be "sainted." I think the thing about being a mother of all girls..at least you understand the drama..whether you like it or not.
In my case, you 3 girls were/are a pleasure. And, when you're sad.we're sad. When you rejoice..we're rejoicing. When you can't pray for yourself..we do. Watching little Abbers say, "momma," I thought about her little personality and what she would be like. We're anxious to watch her..and I know all of Josh's family are too!
Thank you for giving me a joyful heart..and, I'm glad to know..the flair for the dramatic is alive and well. It did not end with our darling winner of the Drama Queen Award...Katarina.
We love you, Rachel. :)
Momma
Post a Comment