There's a little playgroup that we hang out with sometimes on the weekends. I'd been to several of the kids' houses, and I knew everyone was curious and eager for my turn to host the playgroup. I decided this was a good activity to check off my list while josh was gone. =)
Seven families were coming - and I suggested that since my husband was gone, we could make it a mom/child play day, instead of the whole family. There was once a time when seven kids coming to my house made me go weak...but that was before I had so many friends with lots of kids. Now, seven kids just seems like one or two more than usual!
I was surprised and pleased and thankful at how much everyone - including myself! - enjoyed the time together. I really liked hanging with these other moms and talking about our kids and our lives.
Emma liked reading books in asianese to her friends (yes, for this brief time before all the kids start primary school, she can actually read more than they can!):
Everyone liked playing in the castle (there's a hostage inside):
Banana Cake (who knew a banana cake could be so good?!) and pretzels were a big hit:
...as were the Melissa and Doug toys:
This little boy's name sounds a little like the English word "monkey"...and emma LOVES reminding him of that!


Even Abby had a good time! So many people willing to lavish attention on her!
After a few hours, we went outside to play. Emma tried to pick up her friend PingPing, but was disappointed to discover that PingPing is too heavy to pick up. Even I can't lift PingPing! She's a BIG girl!
It was a fun afternoon! I'm so thankful that in our city, we have great american friends and great local friends! We have been very blessed.
2 comments:
Oh, what a good story. I thought that darling girl was Ping Ping. So..the best part was..Emma was reading to the other Asianese children, correct? That is just an interesting picture and concept. :)
Ping Ping has become a grown up girl since I was there. So pretty..be sure and tell her momma for me. I hope soon her momma can have another child. (Like when you're here)
Only 1 more month to go and I can put weight on my foot and quit using this wheelie dealie. Yes, I will do a show and tell for you and the girls. :)
I love you,
Mom
How fun!! What an amazing opportunity for your girls, too.
I bet those kids DID love all of your Americanized stuff!
Post a Comment