Sunday, November 29, 2009

a package for a princess (or two)

Sometimes, I'm not sure if my girls realize they aren't living in fantasyland.  It seems sometimes they really *think* they are princesses.  Or cats.  Or Aslan.  Or Minnie.  They'll answer your questions with barks, or by saying "Yes, Your Majesty," depending which personality they are donning at that moment.  

My wonderful mother-in-law found some halloween costumes marked-down after the season...for $3.  Why would you not buy something for $3?

Here's what her several-$3 bought:

A fifties girl:
I love the fifties-girl because of the wide varieties of English usage it brings out.  For example, the pretty black poodle on the skirt? Emma calls it a "boodle".  Samantha calls it a "foodle".  They are both convinced that they are right, and that mama is wrong.  

A bride:
The wedding gown is so realistic and makes emma look SO old and mature, especially when she's sporting the veil and earrings.  When we were trying everything on, josh was helping Emma put on the earrings underneath her veil...and I started tearing up.  You should know by now that I'm not kidding.

There were also two fairy costumes with wings, crowns and other jewelry...and we've been playing dress-up ever since!

3 comments:

Kim Lee said...

What a great idea! I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog!

Kevin and Becky said...

the foodle mokes me smile.

mlambchopper said...

I love these outfits!!! Especially..the wedding dress. Emma DOES look so grown up. Lock her away and throw away the key.
Wasn't that your dad's mantra? :)

I, also, love the foodle. Your kids are so funny with their words. I'm glad you're keeping a blog about them all.

Love you, Rach.