I'm debating whether or not I should stay up (or just set the alarm?) for his 2am arrival.
Books Completed:
Educating the WholeHearted Child - got some great insights and encouragement as I think through starting "school" with emma in the next few months. This book really helped me think about the "why" of school.
The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency (books 1, 3, and 4 - I'd already read #2) - love this!! I love this!! These are great reads for a bath night, a train ride, or anytime when you don't want to invest a lot of emotional energy in whatever you're reading. Lighthearted, fascinating and completely entertaining - ranks at the top among my favorites for fun.
A Voice in the Wind, Mark of the Lion #1
An Echo in the Darkness, Mark of the Lion #2 - I haven't made it to #3 yet, but Atretes can wait...I was mostly after the Marcus/Hadassah storyline. This was a reread for me, but I loved it again. I love it when Christian Fiction is written well - and this has to be some of the very best.
The Memory Keepers Daughter - How did this get to be a multi-million bestseller? Well, that's an unfair statement. It was very well written, and a truly gripping story. [In fact, this book sets the stage for my most foolish choice of josh's absence. I was laying in bed about to turn out the light at 10pm, and thought, "I'll just start this first chapter and see what it's like..." Such a bad, bad idea.] But I haven't disliked a book this strongly in...well, ever. I found it depressing and felt like all the characters in the book lived futile, empty lives. I'm currently trying to sell the book on taobao. This is a rare move for me.
Deuteronomy - I had some great times in the word while josh was gone, and decided to start journaling again...so that my scattered brain will have a little extra help staying on topic.
Movies Watched:
Becoming Jane - a rewatch...but it was good. Oh, the tragedy! Fun times.
Miss Congeniality -I know, a strange pic at the last minute. Whatever happened to Benjamin Bratt anyway?
Confessions of a Shopaholic - I know it's cheesy...but as a lifelong fan of the books, I felt it was my duty to watch them. "Both bidders were me,"...and my heart melts. =)
Crafts? Check.
Painting? Check.
Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Dress Up party? Check.
Going to the park? Check.
Watching movies and eating popcorn for dinner? Check.
Having friends over? Check.
Sleepovers and play dates? Check, check.
Missing josh? You know it.
I was made to have josh! I need someone to help me go to bed every night, to remind me to be kind and patient and firm, to make me laugh before I turn out the light. I need his leadership and wisdom and confident decision-making ability. I need his encouragment and love and presence. I need his structure and plans and execution. Yep, I was made for him.
And he's about to come home.
3 comments:
I have to agree with you on memory keepers daughter. You have made my heart happy with all the things you said about you were made for Josh. You are such a wonderful wife to him in everyway. It is every parents wish that their child will find the right mate for them. My prayer for you is that you will alway be able to say that. Love you Debbie
Josh, Glad you out traveled mother nature :)
I am glad to have your review...I won't take the time .....
I am so happy for you to have Josh...
As you saw...Laura is here for two weeks and we are having a very good time. She is going to campus with me tomorrow and will be helping to teach one of my classes:)
I love it...and her:)
Love you too
Enjoy the homecoming!
Marilyn
As usual..just always love to "hear" about you and what you're doing. But..the part I love most is..about Josh.
I think papa/nana once said, "The best thing a mom/dad can do for their children is to...LOVE THEIR WIFE/HUSBAND. :) So totally agree with this. Isn't it wonderful, though, when you don't have to "try" or "tell yourself" that you must love your wife/husband.
You have adored Josh, in my opinion, from the moment he picked you up for the fair in his little "teal" sportscar or truck..can't remember exactly. I felt the same way about him. And..I know I told him several times when you all were dating.
Your father brings out the "best" in me. He is all the things I am not. I adore him..and I am so thrilled that you adore your husband. He is a jewel. We love him so much for taking care of all the beautiful eggrolls.
I can honestly say...this last trip he took had me praying many hours. I love you, Rach.
Momma
Post a Comment