Friday, November 27, 2009

on being thankful and not multi-tasking

This is a public promise to never again try to make cheesy potatoes, serve breakfast to my kids, feed abby and post a quick blog at the same time.  I can't accept the number of typos and unfinished thoughts that showed up in that last post.  I offer my sincere apologies to all the reading teachers out there.  And everyone else who hates misspelled words.  (Including myself.  And my dad, for sure.)

To make it up to you (if you could read my thanksgiving post without cringing, I'm going to post this picture that will fill you with all sorts of post-turkey cheer.  Usually Chinglish examples don't need any explanation, because they are so funny by themselves.  This one is no different - just a great butchering of the English language by locals here.  

So here you go. I hope you are filled with "unexpected happy astonishment":

3 comments:

Rachel said...

LOVE it! I bet you get to see all sorts of great translations there...

Kevin and Becky said...

I'm unexpectedly happy & astonished that I know how the word for whatever those things are. All thanks to your husband of course.

Gee Whitz said...

Yeah, I'm not sure which translation says to "love your enemas" but that particular "passage" is probably found in First or Second Constipations (don't quote me on that). However it's certainly Biblical at Thanksgiving to reflect and spend some time in "feasting and prayer"...not necessarily in that order. And even if you cover them in Chocolate, "Pilgrim Hates" should not be honored or even discussed during the Holiday. So Pilgrims, don't be hating. Have a second helping of"Crampberry Applesauce"...even if your stomach is hurting.